March Transportation Commission video teleconference meeting scheduled for Monday, March 1
The Oklahoma Transportation Commission’s monthly meeting is scheduled to take place as a video teleconference at 11 a.m. Monday, March 1 due to COVID-19 precautions. Members of the public and media will be able to access the web livestream video as usual or listen by phone by following the instructions at the bottom of this release.
Items to be addressed at the meeting:
- Secretary of Transportation and Oklahoma Department of Transportation Executive Director Tim Gatz will report on the state’s transportation response to the major winter storm that affected all areas of Oklahoma in early February and the harsh winter’s prolonged effects on highway pavement conditions.
- Gatz will also update commissioners on the ongoing modernization initiative to develop shared services between ODOT, the Oklahoma Turnpike Authority and the Oklahoma Aeronautics Commission and efforts to educate drivers about important safety practices, including seat belt usage.
- The commission will be asked to consider approval of a nearly $16 million contract for the next phase of SH-9 reconstruction and widening in Norman and a nearly $5 million contract for SH-20 pavement rehabilitation in Claremore.
- Commissioners are also expected to vote on whether to award more than 10 contracts for summer resurfacing projects to improve pavement conditions on several highways, including I-35 in Noble County, US-412 in Major County and US-59 in LeFlore County.
The full agenda can be viewed at https://www.odot.org/tcomm/tcmeetings2021.htm and a list of bids for road and bridge projects that will be considered can be viewed at https://www.odot.org/contracts/a2021/pdfs/lowbid2102.pdf
Due to social distancing guidelines, members of the commission will meet to conduct business remotely by video conference, in compliance with recent legislation, executive orders and Open Meeting Act provisions. The meeting will be accessible to the public by video livestream or by phone by following the instructions below.
To watch the commission meeting video livestream:
- Visit ustream.tv/channel/odot-monthly-commission-meeting
- Adjust the volume on your computer’s speakers and in the Ustream video player
- If the video doesn’t load or cuts out, try watching in a different web browser, such as Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox
- The meeting will also be recorded, captioned and available to the public online later
To access the commission teleconference by phone this month:
- Call 1-669-900-6833
- When prompted, enter the meeting number 989 0292 8670, followed by #
- If you get a busy signal, wait about 10 seconds and try again
The commission, a nine-member panel appointed by the governor and legislative leaders to oversee the state’s transportation development, awards project contracts for road and bridge construction on a monthly basis.
The next Oklahoma Transportation Commission meeting is scheduled for 11 a.m. April 5. More details will be made available prior to this meeting and as the situation changes.
— www.odot.org —
(Editors and News Directors: For questions, please call the ODOT Media & Public Relations Division at 405-521-6000.)