February Transportation Commission video teleconference special meeting scheduled for Tuesday, Feb. 16
Feb. 12, 2021
The Oklahoma Transportation Commission’s special meeting is scheduled to take place as a video teleconference at 11 a.m. Tuesday, Feb. 16 due to COVID-19 precautions. Members of the public and media will be able to access the web livestream video as usual or listen by phone by following the instructions at the bottom of this release.
Items to be addressed at the meeting:
- Secretary of Transportation and Oklahoma Department of Transportation Executive Director Tim Gatz will speak on the department’s ongoing efforts to clear highways and combat the historic February winter storm affecting most of the state. He will also provide details on opportunities for working with lawmakers on state transportation funding this current legislative session and updates on federal funding.
- Gatz will highlight the department’s new driver safety education and awareness effort and the upcoming 50th anniversary of the McClellan-Kerr Arkansas River Navigation System in eastern Oklahoma.
- The commission will be asked to consider approval of a nearly $18 million contract for construction of a new Port of Entry facility on US-69/75 near the Texas state line in Bryan County. The station would be used by the Oklahoma Corporation Commission to weigh and inspect commercial trucks coming into the state.
- Commissioners are also expected to vote on contracts for I-40 bridge rehabilitation in Sayre, US-183 shoulder improvements near Fort Supply, SH-51 reconstruction near Hennessey, I-35 pavement rehabilitation near Wayne, cable barrier installation on SH-20 near Claremore and reconstruction of a segment of MacArthur Blvd. in partnership with the City of Warr Acres.
The full agenda can be viewed at https://www.odot.org/tcomm/tcmeetings2021.htm
Due to social distancing guidelines, members of the commission will meet to conduct business remotely by video conference, in compliance with recent legislation, executive orders and Open Meetings Act provisions. The meeting will be accessible to the public by video livestream or by phone by following the instructions below.
To watch the commission meeting video livestream:
- Visit www.ustream.tv/channel/odot-monthly-commission-meeting
- Adjust the volume on your computer’s speakers and in the Ustream video player
- If the video doesn’t load or cuts out, try watching in a different web browser, such as Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox
- The meeting will also be recorded, captioned and available to the public online later
To access the commission teleconference by phone this month:
- Call 1-669-900-6833
- When prompted, enter the meeting number 989 0292 8670, followed by #
- f you get a busy signal, wait about 10 seconds and try again
The commission, a nine-member panel appointed by the governor and legislative leaders to oversee the state’s transportation development, awards project contracts for road and bridge construction on a monthly basis.
The next Oklahoma Transportation Commission meeting is scheduled for 11 a.m. March 1. More details will be made available prior to this meeting and as the situation changes.
— www.odot.org —
(Editors and News Directors: For questions about Tuesday’s meeting, please call the ODOT Media & Public Relations Division at 405-521-6000.)