April Transportation Commission video teleconference meeting scheduled for Monday, April 5
The Oklahoma Transportation Commission’s monthly meeting is scheduled to take place as a video teleconference at 11 a.m. Monday, April 5 due to COVID-19 precautions. Members of the public and media will be able to access the web livestream video as usual or listen by phone by following the instructions at the bottom of this release.
Items to be addressed at the meeting:
- Secretary of Transportation Tim Gatz will help kick off April’s Work Zone Safety Awareness effort by previewing two new public service announcements by the Oklahoma Department of Transportation and the Oklahoma Turnpike Authority reminding drivers to give their full attention in highway work zones.
- Gatz will also provide information on ODOT’s ongoing efforts to address pavement conditions following the recent harsh winter, including a project under construction to repair a section of US-169 in Tulsa.
- The commission will consider a $31 million contract for a major US-75 pavement reconstruction and bridge rehabilitation project on the east leg of the Inner Dispersal Loop in Tulsa. This is the fourth and final leg of the downtown highway loop targeted for full pavement reconstruction.
- Commissioners will be asked to vote on whether to award contracts for major I-35 work near Pauls Valley and Braman and several summer pavement improvement projects, including work on US-287 near Boise City and US-281 Spur near Geary.
The full agenda can be viewed at https://www.odot.org/tcomm/tcmeetings2021.htm and a list of bids for road and bridge projects that will be considered can be viewed at https://www.odot.org/contracts/a2021/pdfs/lowbid2103.pdf
Due to social distancing guidelines, members of the commission will meet to conduct business remotely by video conference, in compliance with recent legislation, executive orders and Open Meeting Act provisions. The meeting will be accessible to the public by video livestream or by phone by following the instructions below.
To watch the commission meeting video livestream:
- Visit https://video.ibm.com/channel/odot-monthly-commission-meeting
- Adjust the volume on your computer’s speakers and in the Ustream video player
- If the video doesn’t load or cuts out, try watching in a different web browser, such as Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox
- The meeting will also be recorded, captioned and available to the public online later
To access the commission teleconference by phone this month:
- Call 1-669-900-6833
- When prompted, enter the meeting number 989 0292 8670, followed by #
- If you get a busy signal, wait about 10 seconds and try again
The commission, a nine-member panel appointed by the governor and legislative leaders to oversee the state’s transportation development, awards project contracts for road and bridge construction on a monthly basis.
The next Oklahoma Transportation Commission meeting is scheduled for 11 a.m. May 3. More details will be made available prior to this meeting and as the situation changes.
— www.odot.org —
(Editors and News Directors: For questions about Monday's meeting, please call the ODOT Media & Public Relations Division at 405-521-6000.)