May Transportation Commission video teleconference meeting scheduled for Monday, May 3
April 30, 2021
The Oklahoma Transportation Commission’s monthly meeting is scheduled to take place as a video teleconference at 11 a.m. Monday, May 3 due to COVID-19 precautions. Members of the public and media will be able to access the web livestream video or listen by phone by following the instructions at the bottom of this release.
Items to be addressed at the meeting:
- Secretary of Transportation and Oklahoma Department of Transportation Executive Director Tim Gatz will present a proclamation from Gov. Kevin Stitt for Work Zone Safety Awareness week, preview the department’s bike and pedestrian safety education effort in May and highlight the upcoming June celebration of the 50th anniversary of the McClellan-Kerr Arkansas River Navigation System.
- Gatz will also provide a presentation on the status of a planned interchange project at I-35 and SH-9 West near Goldsby in McClain County and the impact the McGirt v. Oklahoma ruling has on tribal agreements, at the request of District 3 Transportation Commissioner T.W. Shannon.
- The commission will be asked to consider a more than $7 million contract for SH-152/Airport Rd. widening and interim traffic improvements near Will Rogers World Airport in Oklahoma City and a nearly $5 million contract for bridge improvements at I-40 and US-266 near Warner.
- Commissioners are also expected to consider contracts for several summer pavement resurfacing projects including SH-66 in Creek County and US-270 in Harper County.
The full agenda can be viewed at https://www.odot.org/tcomm/tcmeetings2021.htm and a list of bids for road and bridge projects that will be considered can be viewed at https://www.odot.org/contracts/a2021/pdfs/lowbid2104.pdf
Due to social distancing guidelines, members of the commission will meet to conduct business remotely by video conference, in compliance with recent legislation, executive orders and Open Meeting Act provisions. The meeting will be accessible to the public by video livestream or by phone by following the instructions below.
To watch the commission meeting video livestream:
- Visit https://video.ibm.com/channel/odot-monthly-commission-meeting
- Adjust the volume on your computer’s speakers and in the Ustream video player
- If the video doesn’t load or cuts out, try watching in a different web browser, such as Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox
- The meeting will also be recorded, captioned and available to the public online later
To access the commission teleconference by phone this month:
- Call 1-669-900-6833
- When prompted, enter the meeting number 989 0292 8670, followed by #
- If you get a busy signal, wait about 10 seconds and try again
The commission, a nine-member panel appointed by the governor and legislative leaders to oversee the state’s transportation development, awards project contracts for road and bridge construction on a monthly basis.
The next Oklahoma Transportation Commission meeting is scheduled for 11 a.m. June 7. More details will be made available prior to this meeting and as the situation changes.
— www.odot.org —
(Editors and News Directors: For questions about Monday’s meeting, please call the ODOT Media & Public Relations Division at 405-521-6000.)