December Transportation Commission meeting scheduled for Monday, Dec. 7
Dec. 3, 2020
The Oklahoma Transportation Commission will hold its monthly meeting at 11 a.m. Monday, Dec. 7 at the R.A. Ward Transportation Building, 200 N.E. 21st St. in Oklahoma City. Precautions for COVID-19 will be observed, and the meeting will be streamed live on the web and by phone for members of the public and media.
Items to be addressed at the meeting:
- The commission will be asked to consider approval of the Oklahoma Department of Transportation’s Eight-year Construction Work Plan for Federal Fiscal Years 2021-2028. The plan contains future highway and bridge construction using state and federal funds, including major urban projects and continued improvements to rural two-lane highways. The ODOT Asset Preservation Plan for the next four years will also be presented as a companion to the Eight-year Plan.
- The department will present the Oklahoma Public Transit Policy Plan to the commission for acceptance before delivering the final plan to the Governor and Legislature. The statewide plan, the first in state history, has been developed over the past year in partnership with the Oklahoma Transit Association and the state’s rural, urban and tribal transit providers.
- Secretary of Transportation and ODOT Executive Director Tim Gatz will brief commissioners on the federal funding outlook, as the continuing resolution that authorizes federal programs, including transportation, expires mid-December.
- Commissioners are expected to consider contracts for a $44 million widening and realignment project on SH-20 at Keetonville Hill between Owasso and Claremore, a nearly $12 million project to add paved shoulders to SH-33/SH-3 near Watonga and a $5 million intersection improvement project on Robinson St. west of I-35 in Norman.
The full agenda can be viewed at www.odot.org/meetings.
To observe social distancing, the commission is meeting in-person with only a small number of ODOT staff members entering the commission room to present agenda items and answer questions. Members of the public and media are urged to watch online or listen by phone.
To watch the commission meeting video livestream:
- Visit www.ustream.tv/channel/odot-monthly-commission-meeting
- Adjust the volume on your computer’s speakers and in the Ustream video player
- If the video doesn’t load or cuts out, try watching in a different web browser, such as Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox
- The meeting will also be recorded, captioned and available to the public online later
To access the commission teleconference by phone this month:
- Call 1-669-900-6833
- When prompted, enter the meeting number 989 0292 8670, followed by #
- If you get a busy signal, wait about 10 seconds and try again
The commission, a nine-member panel appointed by the governor and legislative leaders to oversee the state’s transportation development, awards project contracts for road and bridge construction on a monthly basis.
The next Oklahoma Transportation Commission meeting is tentatively scheduled for 11 a.m. Monday, Jan. 11, 2021. More details will be made available prior to this meeting and as the situation changes.
— www.odot.org —
(Editors and News Directors: For questions about Monday’s meeting, please call the ODOT Media & Public Relations Division at 405-521-6000.)