US-69/75 Commerce Connection Project Through Bryan County
About the Project:
- The project reconstructs four miles along US-69 from US-70 in Durant south to Chickasaw Rd. in Calera.
- This project received a federal FASTLANE grant to upgrade US-69/75 to improve accessibility on and off the highway, protect key interchanges, create one-way frontage roads and add a much-needed rail crossing to the four lanes of traffic, all to alleviate traffic congestion and improve safety.
- Construction crews began moving into the area in October 2019 with minor lane closures, major lane closures/construction began in 2020. Both directions are currently two-lanes. Estimated completion in 2023.
- Awarded to Duit Construction in August 2019 for more than $150 million with a significant $62 million coming from federal FASTLANE grant (received in 2016).
- One of the highest amounts of federally awarded grants in the department's history.
- US-69/75 is major a freight corridor connecting eastern Oklahoma with nearby regional centers like Dallas, Texas and St. Louis, Mo. and with national border crossings.
- This was a very competitive grant process and Oklahoma’s application was one of only 18 projects selected out of more than 200 submissions nationwide and the third largest sum awarded.
- Before announcement of this grant, the right-of-way and utility phases were scheduled for FFY 2023 and construction was not even scheduled in ODOT’s Eight-Year Construction Work Plan due to no available funding solution.
- Click here to read the project press release.
To view the Aug. 5, 2019 commission meeting click here
To view the interview with Division Two Engineer Anothny Echelle here
To view the interview with Secretary of Transportation Tim Gatz click here