SH-74 and Waterloo Rd. Traffic Signal Installation Project
The SH-74and Waterloo Rd. currently has signals flashing red to stop traffic on Waterloo Rd. and signals
flashing yellow to caution traffic on SH-74. The new signals will be full red, yellow and green lights forall four directions.
The following closures will affect traffic on SH-74and Waterloo Rd.beginning at 8 a.m. Oct. 7 through early November as part of an ongoing traffic signal installation project.
- Northbound and southbound SH-74/Portland Ave. will be intermittently narrowed to one lane in each direction at Waterloo Rd.
- East and westbound Waterloo Rd. will intermittently narrowed and trafficshifted at SH-74
Drivers are encouraged to find an alternate route and use caution in the area.
- Contract awarded to Traffic Lighting Systems Inc.
- Nearly $200,000contract
- Project is expected to complete in early November.
- Project is a partnership with Oklahoma and Logan counties, which will share ownership andmaintenance costs of the signal.
With the addition of the signal at this intersection, the SH-74corridor between Memorial Rd. and Waterloo Rd. at the Logan County line will have a signal at every intersection except N.W. 150thSt., which has an overpass. Upon the completion of the SH-74widening project between N.W. 164thSt. and N.W. 206thSt., the SH-74corridor will be four lanes between Memorial Rd. and Waterloo Rd.
LEARN MORE about the project and its development at /content/sok-wcm/en/odot/newsroom/2018/october/safety-improvements-at-sh-74-and-waterloo-road-expedited-motori.html