Memorial Rd. between SH-74 and Pennsylvania Ave.
About the Project
- This Oklahoma City street project will resurface Memorial Rd. from SH-74/N. Portland Ave. to N. Pennsylvania Ave. in northwest Oklahoma City.
- This project is funded with about 60 percentmunicipaland 40 percent federal funds. The presence of federal funds bringsODOTinto the process in an oversight role for the construction project.
- Work includes concrete replacement, dowel bar replacement with diamond grinding and asphalt paving.
- On average, about 26,000vehicles travelMemorial Rd. in this area daily.
- The estimated $3 million project was awarded to Haskell Lemon ConstructionCo. and is expected to take five months to complete.
- Memorial Rd. will be intermittently narrowed to one lane as the resurfacing project occurs.
- The resurfacing will begin on the eastbound lanes near the intersection with SH-74/N. Portland Ave. and progress toward N. Pennsylvania Ave. to the east.
Most of the work will occur at night from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m., however there are some daytime closures expected.
- Drivers should expect reduced speed limits, delays and congestion when moving through the area.
- Turnpike on- and off-ramps will remain open but could be intermittently narrowed to one lane.
- Lane closures will be announced in the Traffic Advisories section of www.odot.org. To sign up for daily lane closures sent to your email, go to www.odot.org to sign up or follow @OKDOT on Twitter and Facebook.