A $38 million project is underway to replace pavement along I-244 in Tulsa.
I-244 pavement replacement project underway in Tulsa
About the project:
- Replacing all the pavement on eastbound and westbound I-244 between the US-75 junction (northeast corner of the Inner Dispersal Loop) and 73rd E. Avenue.
- Replacing bridge decks at Peoria Ave., Delaware Ave., Admiral Place and 73rd E. Avenue.
- Construction began in March 2015 on this nearly 5-mile long work zone; significant delays can be expected, especially during peak travel times.
- As of October 2015, all traffic is running on new sections of pavement in this corridor.
- Traffic counts are up to 73,000 vehicles per day in this area.
Additional project information:
- A $38 million contract awarded to Duit Construction Company Inc. and TTK Construction Company Inc. JV in November 2014 for the I-244 segment between Delaware Ave. and 73rd E. Avenue.
- Completion date for this segment is expected in summer 2016, weather permitting.
- A separate $22 million contract was awarded to Sherwood Construction Co. Inc. in February 2015 for the I-244 segment between the US-75 junction at the northeast corner of the Inner Dispersal Loop and Delaware Avenue.
- Expected completion for this segment is late spring 2016, weather permitting.
- Both projects tie into other recent pavement projects, and I-244 will have all new pavement from the I-244/Arkansas River bridge east to the eastern I-244/I-44 split upon completion.