Welcome to ODOT’s Engineer Development ProgramAt ODOT, we strive to continuously grow and develop – not only by innovation and practices, but more importantly, our talent. Our advancement in the transportation industry relies on incorporating new talent into our biggest projects.
Our exclusive Engineering Development Program (EDP) is an entry-level rotational program that provides new engineering graduates with experiences, tools and support. By leveraging these resources, participants can meaningfully contribute as they become responsible for the planning, construction and maintenance of the nearly 30,000 lane miles of roads in Oklahoma, including nearly 400 miles of historic Route 66.
Competitive Salaries Sign-on Bonus Exceptional Benefits
We believe our compensation, benefits package, and family balance is highly competitive. ODOT salaries are market competitive and are regularly reviewed and adjusted. As you progress through each Engineer Intern level you will receive approximately a 7.5% salary increase. Also, a sign-on bonus is given with a one year employment commitment. You are eligible for paid overtime your first three years.
Your benefits package includes:
- Paid health and dental plans for you and your dependents
- Paid holidays, vacation, sick leave,
- Retirement plan
- Longevity pay
- Education assistance….and much more! You may find the extensive list of benefits here.
ODOT's Engineer Development Program is open to applicants who meet the following criteria:
- Obtain BS in Civil Engineering from an Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) accredited college or university.
- United States citizen or legal resident of the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act, 8 USCS, Section 1324b
- Obtain Licensure as an Engineer in Training in the State of Oklahoma within 12 months of entering the program.
The EDP offers challenging, valuable assignments and training with a unique mentor-ship aspect.
The challenges are as varied as the Oklahoma terrain, but our Engineer Development Program is designed to ensure your success. Entering the department as an Engineer Intern, you can be ready to take the Professional Engineer examination in four years as we provide you with the professional guidance and job experiences necessary to fulfill the Professional Engineering requirements.
The normal progression through the program is:
- First Year – As an engineer Intern Level I or Level II (Those who passed the Fundamentals of Engineering Examination) you will be rotating though and learning about various divisions.
- Second Year – As an Engineer Intern Level III you will be assigned to a division that meets your interests and engineering career goals.
- Third Year – As an Engineer Intern Level IV you will be working on multiple engineering projects as you gain knowledge and skill
- Fourth Year – As an Engineer Intern Level V you will be assuming tasks bearing high responsibility and engineering expertise.
Join the ODOT Family
To be considered for the Engineer Development Program, submit your resume by email to: EDP@odot.org
We Want to Talk with YOU!
For questions, please contact our EDP coordinator:
ODOT Human Resources – EDP
200 NE 21st
Oklahoma City, OK
Phone: (405) 521-4141