SMART Grid and SMART Meter Information and Resources
Many of Oklahoman's utilize SMART Meter technology. SMART Meters allow customers to access information about their own usage in short intervals. This information empowers customers to choose small changes in usage that can result in big savings. SMART Meters also assist in statewide energy efficiency programs, as discussed in the Oklahoma First Energy Plan. Remote meter reading and connections services will also lower operating costs.
As we all know, Oklahoma weather can cause power outages. SMART meters will enable the utilities to identify and respond to power outages much more quickly, allowing faster restoration of service in many cases.
Contact your utility directly with questions concerning the program or possible opt-out as each company's program is different.
Common Questions and Answers
SMART Grid Documents and Other Helpful Links
- Public Service Company’s SMART Meter Emissions Test
- Oklahoma Based Assessment - Prepared for OGE - RF Emissions Study
- An Evaluation of Radio Frequency Fields Produced by Smart Meters Deployed in Vermont (presented: 01.14.13)
- OGE SMART Study Together, Summer 2011 Final Results
- Public Service Company of Oklahoma's update to the Commission on November 21, 2011
- Oklahoma Gas and Electric's update to the Commission on November 21, 2011
- California Public Utility Commission Advanced Metering Assessment Report
- California Council on Science and Technology Health Impact Study of Radio Frequency and SMART Meters
- Economist Technology Quarterly Radio Frequency Article
- Electric Power Research Institute Perspective on Radio-Frequency Exposure
- Independent review of advanced metering deployment in Texas
- Silver Spring Whitepaper on Radio Frequency
- EEI AEIC UTC white paper on Radio Frequency Exposure
- Characterization of Radio Frequency Emission from Two Models of Wireless Smart Meters
- AMI Meter Electomagnetic Field Survey
- Public Service Company Radio Frequency Informational Video