What is SBRA?
The Oklahoma Small Business Research Assistance (SBRA) service is a public-private partnership focused on helping Oklahoma innovators identify and compete for federal research funding. Because SBRA can be tailored to the individual needs of participating companies, the program guides you from the beginning of proposal preparation all the way to commercialization.
SBRA services include:
- Identification of funding opportunities
- Topic search
- Proposal preparation & pre-review service
- Expert coaching and mentoring
- Proposal writing workshops
- Registration assistance
- Commercialization strategy services
- Assistance with identifying strategic partners and building collaborations
- Submission assistance
- Award management assistance
The Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) programs are highly competitive programs that encourages domestic small businesses to engage in Federal Research/Research and Development (R/R&D) that has the potential for commercialization. Through a competitive awards-based program, SBIR and STTR enable small businesses to explore their technological potential and provide the incentive to profit from its commercialization. By including qualified small businesses in the nation's R&D arena, high-tech innovation is stimulated and the United States gains entrepreneurial spirit as it meets its specific research and development needs.
- WSBIR overview: www.sibr.gov
- PowerPoint presentation of the SBIR program overview
- SBIR/STTR solicitation listing: www.sbir.gov/solicitation-listing/open
- SBIR/STTR topic search: www.sbir.gov/sbirsearch/topic/current
- Past SBIR/STTR awards: www.sbir.gov/sbirsearch/award/all