What is Oklahoma Plant Science Research?
Plant science research, for the purpose of this program, means those research activities occurring at institutions of higher education, nonprofit research institutions and private enterprises, which involve basic research in plant productivity, renewable biomass, plant-based environmental applications and chemical platforms, plant-based solutions to improve nutrition, human and/or animal health or performance, process applications and seed management and the development of new products and services that shall form the basis of new, high-technology plant science/agriculture industry for Oklahoma.
Why Oklahoma Plant Science Research?
- Awards from $10,000 to $50,000 per year for up to two years
- No matching funds are required
- Helps researchers gain the expertise and gather research data to support proposals for additional research funding
- Supports basic R&D necessary to advance plant related science
- Encourages collaborative efforts to support later stage applied plant research projects
Who is eligible to apply?
- Oklahoma public or private colleges or universities
- Non-profit research institutions
- Private enterprises with the principal place of business in Oklahoma
How to apply?
- When available during the application submission period, view the OCAST program funding opportunity announcement including submission dates and application instructions
- Through OCAST’s online application portal OGX
- Additional information about online application process
- Effective 1/1/2022, start dates for program awards cannot be delayed more than 60 days and requests for delayed start dates will only be considered if there is a compelling reason such as an unavoidable delay in securing IRB approval, the principal investigator/project manager is unavoidably detained on another project, unavoidable material shortages, etc. Additionally no-cost extensions to award contracts, including no cost extensions, cannot be permitted for more than 90 days.
For more information, please click here.