What are Intern Partnerships?
OCAST’s Intern Partnerships (Intern) program helps retain Oklahoma’s best and brightest students by matching undergraduate and graduate students with a high-tech Oklahoma company to undertake and complete an innovative project which benefits the student and company. Fostering a successful project outcome, the Oklahoma Center for the Advancement of Science and Technology provides funding that grants students hands-on experience with R&D in a business environment while increasing collaboration between industry and academia to achieve mutually beneficial research goals. OCAST interns, in many instances, are hired by the partnering companies which are always the best Oklahoma has to offer in high-tech industry.
- Provides $10,000 to $30,000 per year for one to two years
- Businesses gain access to funding for a skilled intern to help accomplish R&D and hire the intern of their choice from a pool of students provided by the academic partner
- Provides students with hands-on experience outside of the classroom
- Helps plug the “brain drain” from Oklahoma
- Encourages industry-university collaboration
- Encourages students to prepare for STEM careers in Oklahoma
Who is Eligible to Apply?
- Oklahoma public or private colleges or universities
- Non-profit research institutions
- Private enterprises with the principal place of business in Oklahoma
How to Apply?
For more information, please click here.