OCAST does not have any positions available at this time.
For informational purposes, you may view a copy of the OCAST Employment Application.
The Oklahoma Center for the Advancement of Science and Technology (OCAST) is now accepting applications for the unclassified position described below. Anyone interested in being considered for the position should apply in writing to OCAST Human Resources. This position will remain open until filled. All applicants must complete and submit an OCAST job application, résumé and cover letter. Applications are available on the OCAST website, https://oklahoma.gov/ocast/about/employment.html or by calling 405-319-8400. You may submit your resume, job application and cover letter by US mail, fax 405-319-8426, deliver in-person or email to Elaine Spell. OCAST is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
OKLAHOMA CENTER FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
ATTENTION: ELAINE SPELL, HUMAN RESOURCES
755 RESEARCH PARKWAY, SUITE 110
OKLAHOMA CITY, OKLAHOMA 73104
https://oklahoma.gov/ocast/about/employment.html / email@example.com
Position Description: Under general supervision, performs general office management duties to include receptionist duties for the Oklahoma Center for the Advancement of Science and Technology and provides administrative and clerical support for the Division of Administration and Finance.
Salary: $30,000 to 50,000 commensurate with education and experience
Location: Oklahoma City
Date Opened: 12/15/2020
Filing Deadline: 12/31/2020 5pm
Full-time: 40 hours per week, Monday-Friday
Classification: Merit System Unclassified (U) with full state benefits package
Job Code: 4600
Examples of Work Performed:
Office Manager duties consist of the following:
- Enter purchase orders and purchase requisitions into spreadsheet to assign internal requisition number daily as necessary
- Issue purchase orders daily as necessary
- Maintain agency office equipment daily as necessary
- Backup for Executive Assistant to the Executive Director as needed
- Fleet Management Coordinator agency vehicle maintenance/mileage report/paperwork as needed
- Warrant register/check register – process, print and save daily as necessary
- Process/Save end of month OMES reports monthly
- Run cancelled by statute reports/reissue monthly
- Update state purchase card voucher information into the purchase request long monthly
- Enter copier meter reading monthly
- Provide and maintain sign in-sign out sheets once per month
- Approve invoices for: OUHSC Parking Validations, Cannon Copier (ImageNet), Interagency Postage, Fleet Management monthly
- Enter timesheets for OCAST employees into PeopleSoft monthly
- Prepare Administration and Finance records for disposition – rearrange files as necessary
- Order office supplies for agency including preparation of purchase request as needed
- Maintain vendor forms and update vendor information into the OCAST log database as needed
- Prepare travel claims for OCAST staff as needed
- Maintain the agency’s inventory – new items, surplus items, moved items and the annual physical inventory report submitted to OMES
- Assist with the OMES help desk tickets for agency employees as needed
- Assist agency employees with conference calls and equipment in the conference room
- Update OCAST weekly timesheet once per year
- Answer OCAST main office telephone
- Maintain OCAST sponsorship, membership and subscription spreadsheet
- Greet guests
- Pick up and distribute mail
- Log invoices, vouchers and warrants into OCAST database
- Receive and record warrant numbers on vouchers and mail warrants as well as update interagency log
- Scan vouchers and purchase orders, change orders as needed
- File vouchers, budget modifications, purchase orders as needed
- Maintain conference room and multipurpose room (clean) as needed
- Validate parking tickets and update parking validations log as needed
- Maintain fiscal year vendor files and award files monthly
- Archive award files and prepare files for destruction monthly
Knowledge of spelling, punctuation and business English; of business mathematics; of modern office methods and procedures; of the maintenance of complex records and machinery; and of the major policies and procedures governing assigned duties. Ability is required to maintain effective working relationships with both internal and external customers; to interpret and handle routine matters in accordance with agency policy; to display a high level of professionalism and confidentiality; to make decisions and use independent judgment within established policies; and to follow oral and written instructions.
Skill in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word and Access is required. Familiarity with scanning and Adobe Acrobat, Access Database, PeopleSoft Accounts Payable and Purchasing and use of PowerPoint is beneficial.
Education and Experience:
High school degree required. Minimum of four years of experience of administrative support or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Complete and submit an OCAST job application along with a résumé and cover letter by either: email to firstname.lastname@example.org; fax 405-319-8426; US mail OCAST, Attn: Elaine Spell, 755 Research Parkway, Suite 110, Oklahoma City, OK 73104; or by delivering in-person. The OCAST Job Application is available at https://oklahoma.gov/ocast/about/employment.html or by calling 405-319-8400.
OCAST is an Equal Opportunity Employer.