Registration for Public Library Academy
Classes are open to staff in public and tribal libraries.
The Spring 2023 Public Library Academy Certification Classes are now available.
All class content is available to view and download on the Library Academy Website.
All registrations will be processed online using Eventbrite. Register for each class by clicking on the link for the particular class you want to attend (see below) or you can view the collection of classes HERE.
This Eventbrite system allows you to verify you are registered. There is a limit of 20 for most sessions, and classes will not be held if less than 5 people register. You will be notified by e-mail if a class has been cancelled. If any classes are full, you will be able to place your name on a waiting list if you register with an email address.
Public Library Academy Spring Semester
How to Think Like a Librarian – pre-requisite for all other classes
- Tuesday, March 7th, 1:00-3:00 p.m. – Jay C. Byers Memorial Library, Cleveland
- Wednesday, March 29th, 1:00-3:00 p.m. – Ada Public Library
- Thursday, April 6th, 1:00-3:00 p.m. – Mabel C. Fry Public Library, Yukon
- Wednesday, April 12th, 1:00-3:00 p.m. – Alva Public Library
Computers and Electronic Resources
- Wednesday, March 8th, 10-3:30 p.m. – Stillwater Public Library
- Wednesday, April 5th, 10-3:30 p.m. – Anadarko Community Library
- Tuesday, April 25th, 10-3:30 p.m. – Muskogee Public Library
- Wednesday, May 3rd, 10-3:30 p.m. – Oklahoma Department of Libraries
Reference and Readers’ Advisory
- Tuesday, March 28th, 10-3:30 p.m. – Catoosa Public Library
- Thursday, April 13th, 10-3:30 p.m. – Nora Sparks Warren Memorial Library, Pauls Valley
- Tuesday, April 18th, 10-3:30 p.m. – Enid Public Library
- Tuesday, May 2nd, 10-3:30 p.m. – Garland Smith Public Library, Marlow
- Thursday, March 30th, 10-3:30 p.m. – Woodward Public Library
- Tuesday, April 11th, 10-3:30 p.m. – Hobart Public Library
- Wednesday, April 19th, 10-3:30 p.m. – Okmulgee Public Library
- Thursday, April 27th, 10-3:30 p.m. – Ardmore Public Library
Legislation Affecting Public Libraries
- Tuesday, April 4th, 1:00-3:00 p.m. – Okeene Public Library
- Thursday, April 20th, 1:00-3:00 p.m. – McAlester Public Library
- Wednesday, April 26th, 1:00-3:00 p.m. – Duncan Public Library
- Thursday, May 4th, 1:00-3:00 p.m. – Will Rogers Public Library, Claremore
Current Trends in Libraries Webinar – Generational Fluency
Questions or for more information about certification, view Public Library Academy or email firstname.lastname@example.org.