OHCAPA Testing and Fee Information
Registration and Test Dates
Select the test site of your choice and contact the site's test coordinator for available testing dates and to register for the OHCAPA. The OHCAPA is offered monthly and the registration deadlines are on the fifth of the month in which a test is offered.
The fee for the OHCAPA is $100. Checks or money orders should be payable to the Technology Center selected. For instructions on submitting the test fee, contact the test coordinator of the test site selected.
Click the link to view the list of OHCAPA Test Sites and Test Coordinators.
For Your Information:
An individual is qualified to take the OHCAPA after completing a preparedness program, or if the individual meets the criteria for "deeming" in OAC 310:664-3-4. Those criteria are as follows:
310:664-3-4. Deeming criteria
The Department may grant exceptions from the preparedness program requirement stated in this Chapter, for the purpose of allowing an individual to take the OHCAPA. An individual with one (1) of the following qualifications shall be eligible to take the OHCAPA without completion of the preparedness program:
(1) Baccalaureate or higher degree from an accredited institution with at least one (1) year full time experience in home care within the immediate past two (2) years;
(2) Associate or higher degree in a health field from an accredited institution and with at least one (1) year of full time employment in home care within the immediate past two (2) years;
(3) Certificate of Achievement in Health Care Administration by completion of a minimum of thirty (30) college credit hours at an accredited institution in the State and with at least one;
(a) One (1) year of full time employment in home care within the immediate past two (2) years;
(4) Registered nurse in the State and with at least one (1) year of full time experience in home care within the immediate past two (2) years; or
(5) Evidence of achieving the passing score on the National Association for Home Care Executive Certification Program examination.
[Source: Added at 15 Ok Reg 2385, eff 6-11-98; Amended at 18 Ok Reg 3595, eff 8-22-2001 (emergency); Amended at 19 Ok Reg 1061, eff 5-13-2002]
Home Care Administrator Registry
Oklahoma State Department of Health
123 Robert S. Kerr
Oklahoma City, OK 73102-6406