OASIS Educational Resources
Diane Henry, Director MDS/OASIS ♦ Wanda Roberts, State Automation Coordinator
WHAT'S NEW - OASIS
Please direct any OASIS questions to the QIES Help Desk at (405) 271-5278.
Updates to Emergency Rules
OASIS-E Delayed, CMS Flexibilities to Fight COVID-19, IQIES Submission Issue
Telligen Office Hours Call
N95 Mask Fit Testing Resources
Emergency Declaration Waivers
Strategies on Optimizing the Supply of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
OASIS Transition Tips for January 2020:
For users’ convenience, CMS is posting the revised OASIS-D1 All Items and Follow-Up instruments, with the other, unchanged time points versions of the instrument, in a zip file on the OASIS Data Sets webpage: https://www.cms.gov/medicare/quality-initiatives-patient-assessment-instruments/homehealthqualityinits/oasis-data-sets.html
The 2019 OASIS-D Guidance Manual is available on the CMS website. Click the link to access the manual in the downloads section of the OASIS User Manuals web page. Research in the “Downloads” section at the bottom of the page and locate the document titled “OASIS-D Guidance Manual final”. Be sure to also download and view the OASIS-D Errata documents posted in the same location.
- Home Health Quality Initiative web page includes links to:
- Home Health Compare
- Wound Ostomy Continence Nurses Society
- National Pressure Ulcer Advisory Panel
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality
- OASIS Spotlight web page includes the latest OASIS news, updates and helpful information.
CMS has created four training videos related to OASIS-C and process measure items. They are available on YouTube:
- OASIS Downloads from the QTSO website. Under OASIS Downloads/Documentation section, multiple educational resources are available including OASIS Q&A’s, OASIS Follow Up Assessment Calendar, Time Frames for Assessments and various guides & manuals.
- CMS, Office of Clinical Standards and Quality, Survey and Certification Group Training Site provides various CMS training options including Webcasts, Provider Tools and Archived Webinars & Webcasts.
- OASIS-D1 All Items and Follow-Up assessment instructions are available here.
- OASIS-D1 Guidance Manual - OASIS User Manuals web page located in the Downloads section at bottom of the page.
- Home Health Care Agency System Users Guide - Located on the QTSO's OASIS Download web page under Guides and Manuals towards the bottom of the page.
- HHA Correction Policy - Located on the QTSO's OASIS Download web page towards the bottom of OASIS Downloads/Documentation section.
- OASIS Quality Measures and Manuals
For Medicare and Medicaid Patients:
- Statement of Patient Privacy Rights for Medicare and Medicaid Patients – Attachment Notice A – English - (.pdf, 1,065k)
- Statement of Patient Privacy Rights for Medicare and Medicaid Patients – Attachment Notice A – Spanish - (.pdf, 366k)
- Privacy Act Statement Legal Notice – Attachment Notice B – English - (.pdf, 31k)
- Privacy Act Statement Legal Notice – Attachment Notice B – Spanish - (.pdf, 91k)
For Non-Medicare and Non-Medicaid Patients:
Home Health Agencies have two options available for obtaining software specific to the transmission of OASIS assessment data:
- 1. Agencies may obtain software developed by private vendors, but need to ensure the software meets the minimum specifications established by CMS.
- OR -
- 2. Agencies may obtain jHAVEN software, developed and maintained by CMS, free of charge. -HAVEN Software and HelpDesk information may be found on the CMS/QTSO web page links below:
jHAVEN Software for Home Health Providers:
Dialer Software (Juniper Client/Verizon):