- 7/16/21 - LTC Provider Call, National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN) Updates, Telligen Collaborative
- 7/14/21 - LTC Vaccination Status Survey
- 7/7/21 - LTC Provider Call Documents Posted, Nursing Skilled Nursing Home Grids, Payroll-Based Journal Update.
- 7/7/21 - Non-Nursing Home Provider Call Documents Posted, Non-Nursing Home Grids.
What's New - COVID-19 Updates and More
- 6/22/21 - New LTC Director, Nursing and Skilled Nursing Facilities Provider Call, CMS QSO-20-41-ALL Revised Guidance
- 6/22/21 - New LTC Director, Long-Term Care Facilities Provider Call, CMS QSO-20-41-ALL Revised Guidance
- 6/22/21 - Secretary of Health and Mental Health and Commissioner of Health Letter to Long-Term Care Facilities Requiring State Oversight Only
- 6/22/21 - Secretary of Health and Mental Health and Commissioner of Health Letter to State and Federal Long-Term Care Facilities
- 6/18/21 - Update LTC Provider Calls Rescheduled, Save the Date Telligen Webinar
- 6/7/21 - Revised CDC Guidance, Save the Date LTC Provider Call, CMS QSO-21-14-ICF IID PRTF Memo
OSDH Training Resources and Guidance for Infection Control and Prevention of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) in Nursing Homes
Telligen QI ConnectTM - Improving healthcare quality for people living and working with Medicare.
Reach for the Stars - A Five-Star Quality Measure Learning Collaborative
Click here for more information.
New DRAFT item sets
A new DRAFT version of the 2020 MDS item sets (v1.18.0) scheduled to become effective October 1, 2020 and the DRAFT version of the MDS 3.0 Item Set Change History for October 2020 (v1.18.0) was posted on CMS website. These files are located in the Downloads section at the bottom of the page. Please note that Section G has been removed from all Federal item sets.
Quality Measure and Coding: Bowel and Bladder
Quality measure review and proper documentation for loss of bowel and bladder control assists in improving the quality of care for your residents. Click on the following links to learn more about this quality measure and coding.
Nursing Home Scorecard
Click here for an overview of Oklahoma nursing home performance with comparative data from region and nation for select long-stay quality measures for the period ending March 31, 2017. Note: Statistical significance was determined based on the 95% confidence interval. Email QIEShelpdesk@health.ok.gov for more information.
QIES MDS Resources
- MDS Newsletter - News You Can Use
- What’s New: PBJ Provider User’s Guide (Updated 03/2017)
- Visit QTSO website for download: https://qtso.cms.gov/training-materials/payroll-based-journal-pbj
- PBJ website
- For questions related to software or technical requirements, please email NursingHomePBJTechIssues@cms.hhs.gov.
- For questions related to PBJ policies, please email NHstaffing@cms.hhs.gov.
- 2016 CMS Section M Training
- 2016 CMS Video Series on Section GG
- MDS 3.0 ADL Documentation Guide (.pdf, 279.00 KB file)
- MDS 3.0 Resident Interview Pocket Guide (4.25 x 5.5) - Excerpts from the MDS 3.0 Resident Assessment Instrument User's Manual - April 2012 - (.pdf, 370.9 KB file)
- MDS 3.0 Resident Cue Card Set (8.5 x 11) - For use with the MDS 3.0 Resident Interview Pocket Guide - April 2012 - (.pdf, 315.8 KB file)
- VIVE - Video on Interviewing Vulnerable Elders (08/16/2010).
- MDS Related Training (CMS Webcast)
- Original Air Date: 12/17/2009
- Course Description from CMS Web site: This program will be the first of a three-part series focused on providing information on the Minimum Data Set Version 3.0 (MDS 3.0) implemented on October 1, 2010 by nursing homes across the nation.
- Resource links document (PDF, 835KB file)
- This listing of resources in this Practice Outline is being provided as a service and does not constitute or imply endorsement of these organizations or their programs. OSDH is not responsible for the content of pages found at these sites. URL addresses were current as of November 1, 2018.
QIES Multimedia Resources
- CMS YouTube Training Videos for MDS 3.0 - From the "MDS 3.0 Training Materials" web page, videos are located towards the bottom under "Related Links Outside CMS". MP4 video files are also provided just in case your facility is not able to access the videos via YouTube website.
- Access to CASPER Quality Measure (QM) Reports YouTube Video, December 2015, click here.
- Access to CASPER Quality Measure (QM) Reports PowerPoint Slides in .PDF, December 2015, click here. (.pdf, 624.3 KB file)
- Code of Federal Regulations for Swing Bed
- System of Records
- Federal Register, Vol. 72, No. 52, Monday, March 19, 2007 - ( .pdf, 72k )
- Oklahoma State Law and Unofficial Rules
- OAC 310:675-9-5.1 - ( .pdf, 374.4k )
MDS Forms and Manuals
Nursing Facilities have two options available for obtaining software specific to the transmission of MDS assessment data:
Facilities may obtain software developed by private vendors, but need to ensure the software meets the minimum specifications established by CMS.
- Facilities may obtain JRAVEN / RAVEN software, developed and maintained by CMS, free of charge. JRAVEN / RAVEN Help Desk information may be found on the CMS/QTSO web page links below.
JRAVEN / RAVEN Software for Long Term Care Providers:
Dialer Software (Juniper Client/Verizon):
- Diane Henry, State RAI Coordinator
- Wanda Roberts, State Automation Coordinator
- Holly Murphy, RN Consultant