Diane Henry, State RAI Coordinator ♦ Wanda Roberts, State Automation Coordinator ♦ Holly Murphy, RN Consultant
Click one of the following links for more information:
WHAT'S NEW - COVID-19 Updates and More
National CMS/CDC Nursing Home COVID-19 Training and OSDH Extends Cares Act Grant Deadline for Nursing Homes
Provider call agenda and CMS Point-of-Care Testing
Window Visit Information
Reporting When A Facility's Reopening Phase Status Does Not Correspond to the Color-coded Alert Status for their County
Requirements for Notification of Confirmed and Suspected COVID-19 Cases Among Residents and Staff in Nursing Homes
Provider Call Agenda
Revised Guidance for Phased Reopening in Long-Term Care Facilities
LTC Provider Call Agenda, Visitation Clarification Reminder, National CMS/CDC Nursing Home COVID-19 Training, Telligen Upcoming Calls
IPC Risk Assessment and Monitoring Plan Checklist and Governor's Executive Orders regarding COVID-19
FAQ for the LTC CARES Grant and information on Battelle's N95 mask services
LTC Provider Call agenda and information from the Oklahoma Dementia Care Network
LTC Facility Staff PPE Usage Grid
Call agenda, CARES Grant information
Changes to Nursing Home Compare and Five-Star Rating System
Reopening guidance packet documents and CMS guidance on visitation.
Weekly LTC Provider Call Agenda and Telligen Call Information
Weekly LTC Provider Call Agenda and Telligen Call Information
Call reminder and training information
PPE Survey Correction, Stop Gap PPE Supplies, CMP Applications, Medicaid Provider Relief, Telligen Office Hours Call
LTC Provider Weekly Call, Previous Week’s LTC Recording, Resident Stimulus Checks, Posting Inspection and COVID-19 Data on Nursing Home Compare, Music YouTube Video, Telligen’s Collaborative Office Hours. June 10th's Agenda.
Agenda for the weekly call
LTC Provider Call Agenda, Call Recording for LTC Provider Call May 20th, Revisions to LTC COVID Resource page, and Telligen Office Hours
LTC Provider Call Agenda, CMS Guidance Reopening Nursing Homes, Specimen Collection
Access information for weekly LTC COVID-19 Call
The Oklahoma National Guard is available for Facility Cleaning
Summary of New Emergency Rules
Reminder NHSN reporting data due May 17th
New COVID-19 Symptoms, New CMS Toolkit, Blanket Waivers, Behavior & Memory Care, CMS Letter to NF
LTC COVID-19 Weekly Call reminder, Call recording for May 6th, Infection Control Training and Reminders, ICF and Nursing Facility Leave Days, Emergency tips for Dementia Care.
Access information for the weekly LTC COVID-19 Call
CMS Final Rule Updating Requirement for Notification of Confirmed/Suspected COVID-19 Cases Among Residents and Staff
Weekly COVID-19 LTC Call reminder and agenda, April 29th's call recording and FAQs.
Weekly LTC COVID-19 Call, CDC COVID-19 Reporting Training, Telligen Office Hours
CMS memo and guidance
Scope and Authority of Long Term Care Task Forces (Updated as of May 15th, 2020)
CDC Nursing Home Reporting
Weekly LTC COVID-19 Call, Telligen Office Hours Call
Mandated CMS Guidance for Nursing Facilities
Updates for Nursing Homes including CMP funds and 5-Star rating.
Weekly Long Term Care Recording, FAQ Nursing Homes Reimbursement, Hospital Discharge to LTC Facility Guidance, Return to Work Criteria.
Weekly Long Term Care Information, COVID-19 FAQS, ICD-10-CM Coding, the Transparency Effort, and Telligen Office Hours
Weekly Long Term Care Webinar Follow Up with videos.
Weekly Long Term Care Webinar Recording
Weekly Long Term Care Webinar Information, Telligen Office Hours Call
N95 Mask Fit Testing Resources
Three upcoming COVID 19 webinars.
A link to the survey was included.
The latest updates from CMS and the CDC for nursing homes and all long term care facility types.
Emergency Declaration Waivers
Invitation to weekly COVID-19 Long Term Care Webinar.
A link to the recording of the Long Term Care webinar from March 25th, clarification and notes on Governor Stitt's Executive Order, and other important updates.
Oklahoma State Department of Health Press Release regarding Facilities Authorized to Restrict Visitation, and Telligen COVID-19 Prevention and Preparedness Webinar.
April MDS Basic Clinical Training Cancelled, Coronavirus Infection Control Measures, and MDS Assessment Timeframe Relief
OSDH Training Resources and Guidance for Infection Control and Prevention of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) in Nursing Homes
March 5th, 2020 QIES News You Can Use
April MDS training announcement and CMS information regarding the spread of Coronavirus.
Telligen QI ConnectTM - Improving healthcare quality for people living and working with Medicare.
Reach for the Stars - A Five-Star Quality Measure Learning Collaborative
Click here for more information.
New DRAFT item sets
A new DRAFT version of the 2020 MDS item sets (v1.18.0) scheduled to become effective October 1, 2020 and the DRAFT version of the MDS 3.0 Item Set Change History for October 2020 (v1.18.0) was posted on CMS website. These files are located in the Downloads section at the bottom of the page. Please note that Section G has been removed from all Federal item sets.
Quality Measure and Coding: Bowel and Bladder
Quality measure review and proper documentation for loss of bowel and bladder control assists in improving the quality of care for your residents. Click on the following links to learn more about this quality measure and coding.
Nursing Home Scorecard
Click here for an overview of Oklahoma nursing home performance with comparative data from region and nation for select long-stay quality measures for the period ending March 31, 2017. Note: Statistical significance was determined based on the 95% confidence interval. Email QIEShelpdesk@health.ok.gov for more information.
- What’s New: PBJ Provider User’s Guide (Updated 03/2017) Click here to visit website for download: https://qtso.cms.gov/training-materials/payroll-based-journal-pbj
For questions related to software or technical requirements, please email NursingHomePBJTechIssues@cms.hhs.gov.
For questions related to PBJ policies, please email NHstaffing@cms.hhs.gov.
- MDS 3.0 ADL Documentation Guide (.pdf, 279.00 KB file)
- MDS 3.0 Resident Interview Pocket Guide (4.25 x 5.5) - Excerpts from the MDS 3.0 Resident Assessment Instrument User's Manual - April 2012 - (.pdf, 370.9 KB file)
- MDS 3.0 Resident Cue Card Set (4.25 x 5.5) - For use with the MDS 3.0 Resident Interview Pocket Guide - April 2012 - (.pdf, 201.7 KB file)
- MDS 3.0 Resident Cue Card Set (8.5 x 11) - For use with the MDS 3.0 Resident Interview Pocket Guide - April 2012 - (.pdf, 315.8 KB file)
- VIVE - Video on Interviewing Vulnerable Elders (08/16/2010). Please visit http://productordering.cms.hhs.gov to order a copy of the DVD (CMS Product No. 11479-CD) or the same video can be viewed at http://www.youtube.com/user/CMSHHSgov?feature=mhum#p/u/7/Ereawm4_F7k from CMS YouTube web site. This Video on Interviewing Vulnerable Elders (VIVE) was funded by the Picker Institute and produced by the UCLA/JH Borun Center.
- MDS Related Training (CMS Webcast)
Original Air Date: 12/17/2009 Course Description from CMS Web site: This program will be the first of a three-part series focused on providing information on the Minimum Data Set Version 3.0 (MDS 3.0) implemented on October 1, 2010 by nursing homes across the nation.
- Resource links document - (.pdf, 835KB file) This listing of resources in this Practice Outline is being provided as a service and does not constitute or imply endorsement of these organizations or their programs. OSDH is not responsible for the content of pages found at these sites. URL addresses were current as of November 1, 2018.
- CMS YouTube Training Videos for MDS 3.0 - From the "MDS 3.0 Training Materials" web page, videos are located towards the bottom under "Related Links Outside CMS". MP4 video files are also provided just in case your facility is not able to access the videos via YouTube website.
- Access to CASPER Quality Measure (QM) Reports YouTube Video, December 2015, click here.
- Access to CASPER Quality Measure (QM) Reports PowerPoint Slides in .PDF, December 2015, click here. (.pdf, 624.3 KB file)
- Code of Federal Regulations for Swing Bed
- System of Records
- Federal Register, Vol. 72, No. 52, Monday, March 19, 2007 - ( .pdf, 72k )
- Oklahoma State Law and Unofficial Rules
- OAC 310:675-9-5.1 - ( .pdf, 374.4k )
Nursing Facilities have two options available for obtaining software specific to the transmission of MDS assessment data:
Facilities may obtain software developed by private vendors, but need to ensure the software meets the minimum specifications established by CMS.
- OR -
- Facilities may obtain JRAVEN / RAVEN software, developed and maintained by CMS, free of charge. JRAVEN / RAVEN Help Desk information may be found on the CMS/QTSO web page links below.
JRAVEN / RAVEN Software for Long Term Care Providers:
Dialer Software (Juniper Client/Verizon):