Increase Physical Activity
- Educate older adults, caregivers, and/or healthcare providers around the importance of safely maintaining physical activity and mobility.
- Promote evidence-based physical activity programs that help older adults maintain physical activity and mobility.
- Encourage the development of social networks to increase physical activity by creating a buddy system with groups of individuals to increase participation through positive peer pressure and accountability.
- Improve access in the community to places for physical activity, such as sidewalks, walking trails, and exercise facilities/parks.
- Promote policies and practices that support physical activity for older adults, such as improved street lighting, adequate time for crossing the street, and increased safety of public areas such as parks, walking trails, etc.