Policy and Memos to State and Regions - Location of all QSO memos. Includes various topics including COVID, Infection Control, and other long-term care guidance.
|Interim Final Rule (IFC), CMS-3401-IFC, Additional Policy and Regulatory Revisions in Response to the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency related to Long-Term Care (LTC) Facility Testing Requirements and Revised COVID19 Focused Survey Tool|
|QSO-20-37-CLIA (08/26/20)||Updated Reporting Requirements|
|QSO-20-35-ALL (08/17/20)||Enforcement Cases Held during the Prioritization Period and Revised Survey Prioritization|
|QSO-20-29-NH (05/06/20)||NH Interim Final Rule Updating for Notification of Confirmed or Suspected COVID-19 Cases of Residents & Staff in NH, REVISED Survey Tools, NEW Ftags-F884 & F885, FAQ|
|QSO-20-28-NH (04/24/20)||Five Star Rating System Updates, NH Staff Counts, FAQ|
|QSO-20-26-NH (04/19/20)||Upcoming Requirements for Notification of Confirmed COVID-19 (or COVID-19 Persons under Investigation) Among Residents and Staff in NH|
|QSO-20-25-NH (04/13/20)||Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) LTC Transfer Scenarios|
|COVID-19 Long-Term Care Facility Guidance (04/02/20)||Guidance on PPE, screening and cohorting – (04/02/20)|
|QSO-20-23- (03/30/20) ICF.IID&PRTF||Guidelines for Limiting the Transmission of COVID-19 in ICF/IIDs & PRTFs, Blanket Waivers, Combining Residents, Staffing, Visitors, Transferring & Admitting|
|QSO-20-20- (03/20/20) All-Survey Prioritization Final||Complaint, Targeted Infection Control & Self-Assessment|
|QSO-20-14-NH (03/13/20) Revised||Guidance for Infection Control & Prevention of Coronavirus2019 (COVID-19) in NH (Revised) including: Revised Visitation, Limiting Transmission of COVID-19 for NH, Dining, Activities, PPE|
Infection Control Investigation Tools:
|COVID-19 Focused Survey for Nursing Homes (08/25/20)||The tool used by surveyors for COVID-19 focused surveys in nursing homes.|
|COVID-19 Non-Long Term (ICF/IID) Care Focused Survey (03/20/20)||The tool used by surveyors for COVID-19 focused surveys in facilities other than nursing homes.|
|Infection Prevention Control and Immunization (F880)||The pathway tool used by surveyors for investigating infection control issues.|
- QSEP Training Link - (Quality, Safety & Education Portal) - This is the CMS training site for surveyors. Facility staff can complete courses of interest by signing in as “I am a Provider.”
- Head-to-Toe Infection Prevention Toolkit (H2T) - After reaching CMP website, scroll to Downloads for link. Provides a mix of educational materials and tools to help bedside staff deliver person-centered care. Much of the information will be relayed through images and graphics to meet the needs of different types of learners. The toolkit focuses on ease of implementation to help direct care staff apply practices which will reduce infections into their daily routines.
|COVID-19 Strategies and Resources||(10/5/20) The COVID-19 Healthcare Resilience Working Group, a partnership with the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and other federal agencies, developed strategies and resources for post-acute and long-term care (PALTC) facilities.|
|NHSN (National Healthcare Safety Network)||Long Term Care Facilities COVID-19 Module in NHSN CMS announced facilities are required to report COVID-19 information to the CDC and families through this site.|
|Infection Control Guidance for Healthcare Professionals about Coronavirus (COVID-19)||Provides links to Infection Control, PPE, Hand hygiene, Discontinuing Transmission-based precautions, Post-Mortem Guidance|
|Interim Infection Prevention & Control Recommendation for Patients with Confirmed Coronavirus Disease 2019 in Healthcare Settings||Provides guidance with PPE, cohorting, screening staff and visitors, and environment|
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE):
- Transfer Form - This Inter-facility Infection Control Patient Transfer form can assist in fostering communication during transitions of care. This tool can be modified and adapted by facilities and other quality improvement groups engaged in patient safety activities.
COVID-19 Symptom Screening:
- Guidelines Symptoms Self-Checker
- Preparing for COVID-19: Long term Care Facilities, Nursing Homes - Key Strategies to Prepare for COVID-19 in Long Term Care Facilities (LTCFs)
- Nursing Home Infection Preventionist Training Course - This is the required training for the position of the Infection Preventionist in nursing homes. It includes training on infection surveillance, isolation precautions, outbreaks and much more.
CDC’s Key Guidance in Preparing for COVID-19 in LTC Facilities:
- Preparing for COVID-19 in Nursing Homes
- Performing Facility-wide SARS-CoV-2 Testing in Nursing Homes
- Considerations for Memory Care Units in Long-term Care Facilities
- Key Strategies for Long-term Care Facilities
- Responding to Coronavirus (COVID-19) in Nursing Homes
- Testing for Coronavirus (COVID-19) in Nursing Homes
- Infection Prevention and Control Assessment Tool for Nursing Homes Preparing for COVID-19
- Coronavirus - Home page for information related to COVID-19. It contains pages related to numerous COVID-19 topics
- How to Protect Yourself
- Resources for Clinics and Health Care Facilities
- Current Emergencies & Waivers - Information and waivers related to COVID-19
- Long Term Care Sample Letter - This fillable sample letter can be used to communicate with residents and family members the steps being taken to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 within the facility.
- LTC CARES Grant: The State of Oklahoma through the Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is announcing the availability of Coronavirus Relief Funding for Oklahoma’s long-term care facilities/providers. These providers are serving the state’s most vulnerable populations in the fight against the COVID-19, and many have not received additional funding from the federal government through stimulus packages that is sufficient to address increased costs because of COVID-19. Thus, the State of Oklahoma has set aside a portion of Coronavirus Relief Funds to be distributed in the form of grants (“LTC CARES Grant") to enhance infectious disease prevention and mitigation as part of the implementation of Oklahoma’s plan for Phased Reopening in Long-Term Care Facilities.
- OSDH 310 Chapter 2 Emergency Rules Final Preamble: Executive Order 2020-13 allows for the promulgation of emergency rules by State agencies to address the public health emergency. License Renewal Emergency Rule Summary provides an overview of the executive order and includes the following key points and more:
- Renewal deadlines for all expiring occupational and professional licenses, certificates, permits, or registrations are extended.
- They remain valid until fourteen (14) days following the withdrawal or termination of Executive Order 2020-07, and its amendments.
- Provisional approval of a license without fingerprinting is valid until fourteen (14) days following the withdrawal or termination of the Executive Order.
- Attorney General’s Press Release and Letter to Nursing Homes: In a letter to nursing homes and assisted living facilities, Attorney General Mike Hunter informed facilities that it is illegal to require residents to sign over their stimulus check to the facility. Click here to read the full press release and letter.
- COVID-19 State executive order report: Data on COVID-19 in the state of Oklahoma.
- Governor’s Executive Order Regarding COVID-19: Provides a list of all executive orders issued by Governor Stitt during the COVID-19 public health emergency.
|CLIA FAQs and List of Labs||(10-13-20) CLIA FAQ resource and list of Labs for nursing homes.|
|Long Term Care Test Reporting Requirements||(09/11/20) A list of state and federal COVID-19 Testing Reporting requirements for Long Term Care|
|Model Reporting Package||(07/02/20) This packet has been developed to simplify and combine all information required to be provided to OSDH to meet the requirements specified in Oklahoma's Phased Reopening in Long-Term Care Facilities under Infection Preventionist, which applies to all provider types. We have provided online fillable forms for your convenience: Infection Preventionist Information, IPC Risk Assessment, Monitoring Plan, and Phase Notification.|
|Phased Reopening in Long Term Care Facilities||(revised 08/28/20) Oklahoma State Department of Health Plan for Phased Reopening in Long Term Care Facilities|
|Commissioner’s Memo Scope and Authority of Long-Term Care Task Forces||(04/30/20) Commissioner’s guidance on task forces. The task forces operate under the powers and duties of the Commissioner of Health at Title 63 O.S. 1-106(B)(1) and Chapter 521, Control and Treatment of Communicable Disease, of Title 310 of the Oklahoma Administrative Code. Includes a list of Regional Medical Response System Coordinators and Long Term Care Task Force Leads.|
|Nursing Facility Visitation||(03/12/2020) - OSDH guidance for the screening, limiting and restricting of visitors for Medicare and Medicaid Certified Nursing Facilities|
|Nurse Aide Registry||Guidance for Certified Nurse Aides, Activities Director and Social Services, Feeding Assistants|
|Training Exception Application for Waiver and Testing||Instructions How to become certified following the Emergency Waiver|
|Application for Training Exception for Waiver||Application form to complete for Training Exception|
OK Health Alert Network 325 (09/24/20): Updated: Hospital Discharge to Long Term Care Facilities Guidance
Infection Control Assessment and Response for COVID-19 in Long Term Care (04/15/20) – PowerPoint
- PPE Usage Grid - (09/17/20)
- Procurement of PPE - (09/11/20)
- Long Term Care Facility Staff PPE Usage Grid - (07/01/20)
- Donning and Doffing PPE Video - (04/15/2020) – Instruction on donning and doffing PPE.
- N95 Mask Fit Testing Resources – A list of resources who provide fit testing for N95 masks.
- List of Long Term Care Task Force Leads/Local Emergency Response Coordinators (LERCs) (April 2, 2020)
COVID-19 Symptom Screening
|State Incident Report Form 283||This form is used for facility reported incidents to the OSDH, including COVID-19 positive or suspected residents or staff.|
|2020 Stop COVID Visitor Sign||Visitor screening poster for facility use at entrances.|
|2020 Stop The Spread Sign||English – Infection Prevention Practices Poster|
|2020 Stop The Spread Sign||Spanish – Infection Prevention Practices Poster|