Skip to main content

HMO Complaint Information

How To Register A Complaint

The Oklahoma Insurance Department handles all complaints about HMOs. To file a complaint against an HMO contact the Oklahoma Insurance Department. To access the Insurance Department's Request for Assistance form, click here, or call (405) 521-2991 or 1-800-522-0071. Complaints involving HMO problems can be submitted to the Insurance Department in writing by letter or using the online complaint form linked above. All complaints need to include the HMO name, the member's ID number, and a brief description of the problem. Please include copies of any bills, documents, or correspondence you believe will assist in reviewing the problem. Your complaint will be reviewed to ensure compliance with HMO laws and rules. Be sure to use dark ink and do not highlight. Otherwise, important data may not be legible.

The Oklahoma Insurance Department mailing address is:

Oklahoma Insurance Department
Consumer Assistance/Claims Division
2401 NW 23rd Street, Suite 28
PO Box 53408

Oklahoma City, OK 73152-3408

If you would like to receive a complaint form or speak to someone at the State Health Department about your situation, call us at (405) 271-6868.

The OSDH provides two types of HMO Complaint forms. An online form is available that will be sent by e-mail to the webmaster of the OSDH web site. Please click here to register complaints online with the OSDH. This version of the form may not provide the confidentiality you require. To print the form and sent it to us by regular mail, click here. If you have supporting documents such as copies of any bills, documents, or correspondence that you believe will assist us in reviewing this problem, please use the plain text version of this form.

The mailing address is:

Managed Care Systems
Health Resources Development Service
1000 N.E. 10th Street
Oklahoma City, OK 73117-1299

PHB seal
Back to Top