How to Become an In-Training Professional Sanitarian (RPSIT) and/or Environmental Specialist (RPESIT) in Oklahoma
All new applications for In-Training registration must include the following:
- Completed Application for In-Training Registration
- Completed Affidavit of Lawful Presence
- Certified copy of university transcript (photocopy unacceptable), including:
- Conferral of Bachelor’s Degree or higher in public or environmental health, related science field, or equivalent
- Minimum 30 hours of approved science, health, and math courses from the Approved Course List
- Payment to “Oklahoma State Department of Health” or “OSDH,” including:
- $10.00 for RPS or RPES
- $20.00 if applying for both RPS and RPES
- $30.00 examination fee
- Low-Income Individual License Fee Waiver - House Bill 2933
Please do not email or fax applications ahead of payment. This does not expedite the processing time.
All items should be submitted together in a single envelope, to:
Mail (pay by check or money order)
In Person (pay by check, money order, cash, or credit/debit card)
(Teller windows are open Monday-Friday 8:30 am to 4:00 pm, and closed on weekends and state holidays.)
If any required items are missing, the applicant will be notified, generally via email, that the application cannot be processed until all required items are received.
If all required items are received, the applicant will receive a notice via email or postal mail that they are eligible for the exam. The letter will contain instructions for taking the test.
The applicant must achieve a score of 60% or greater on the exam to be approved for registration. If this score is achieved, the applicant will be instructed to wait for approval at the next council meeting, after which the applicant will receive their registration number. Registration certificates and wallet cards are usually mailed out by the following business day.
In-training registrations are valid for 30 months from the date of issue, and cannot be renewed.