Medical Micropigmentation Certification: Applications
Trained in Oklahoma
Before submitting an application for certification, you must first successfully complete an approved Medical Micropigmentation training program. Click here to locate the approved training programs in the State of Oklahoma.
Upon successful completion of the training program, submit the following documentation:
- Complete* Medical Micropigmentation Application
- Appropriate Application and Background Check Fees
- Affidavit of Lawful Presence
- Documentation of High School completion or equivalent
- Notarized copy of Birth Certificate
- Notarized copy of Driver’s License or other government issued photo ID
- Proof of successful completion of an OSDH-approved medical micropigmentation training program (form completed by the training program/instructor)
*If you are not currently working and do not have a supervising physician at this time, you may still proceed in the application process.
Staff will review the application and issue an approved testing letter once everything is complete (excluding supervising physician information if it is not available at that time). Click here to find more information on the exam process.
The Department will make every attempt to send a renewal notification to your last known email or mailing address at least one month prior to your expiration date. Once the notification is received you need to:
- Complete Medical Micropigmentation Renewal Application
- Verify the mailing address and all other contact information – make corrections directly on the notice
- Verify, and if necessary, update the supervising physician information – make corrections directly on the notice
- Mail in the updated notice with the correct renewal fee to the Department address listed on the notice
- Keep a copy of the completed notice for your records
If you do NOT receive a renewal notification, it is still your responsibility to submit your renewal application and fee before expiration. You may either:
- Use the initial application form located on our website and submit the renewal fee OR
- You may contact our office for another renewal notification
If you do not renew your certification before the expiration, you may NOT conduct medical micropigmentation procedures until your license is renewed by the Department.
If you submit your renewal 30 days after the expiration, you must reinstate your certification.
If you submit your renewal application more than 30 days after expiration, you must submit the following:
- The Reinstatement of Certification Application
- Copy of the previous certificate or proof of previous certification
- Reinstatement fee ($375.00 Total)
You may not practice medical micropigmentation until your certification has been reinstated by the Department.
O.A.C. 310:234-3-4(e)(2) states: "A passing score of 70% shall be required to show competency. A candidate who does not meet this score can retest up to two (2) times. Candidates who do not pass the written certification examination must wait at least seven (7) days before retesting. Candidates who are unable to attain competency after three attempts shall be required to re-enroll in the medical micropigmentation training program."
Location and Contact Information
Consumer Health Service
PO Box 268815
Oklahoma City, OK 73126
Oklahoma State Department of Health
Consumer Health Service
1000 N.E. 10th Street
Oklahoma City, OK 73117
Phone: (405) 271-5243
Fax: (405) 271-5286