Renewal of License
All LGC licensees must be periodically renewed to maintain their active status. It is the licensee’s responsibility to ensure their license remains current.
Full licensees who have not renewed after one (1) year since the expiration of their license must re-apply for licensure as though they had never been licensed.
- Full Licensees: Expire two (2) years from end of first month of issue and every two years thereafter.
- Temporary Licensees: Expire thirty (30) days after failure of national certification exam.
Regardless of whether a notification reminder is received, a licensee can renew by submitting the following:
- Completed Continuing Education Roster showing thirty (30) clock hours completed in the previous two-year cycle.
- Documentation of completed continuing education (certificates, meeting agendas, etc.)
- Fee: $200.00 by date of expiration; $225.00 up to one (1) year following expiration.
- Any change in licensee personal/contact information.
Temporary License Holders
If a temporary license holder does not pass the national certification exam on their first attempt, they may apply for one (1) additional temporary license for use while waiting for their second attempt. Those applying for this additional license must resubmit application, fee, and all supporting documents except their transcript and recommendations (see here for instructions). Temporary re-applicants must also submit documentation of supervision received under their previous temporary license.
Submit all required documents and fees one of the following ways:
|Mail (pay by check or money order)
Oklahoma State Department of Health
Licensed Genetic Counselors Program
PO Box 268815
Oklahoma City, OK 73126-8815
In Person (pay by check, money order, cash, or credit/debit card)
(Teller windows are open Monday-Friday 8:30 am to 4:00 pm, and closed on weekends and state holidays.)
If you require assistance in registering for the online payment process, please email OSDH.
If all required materials and fees are not received, the licensee will receive notification via email or postal mail from OSDH.
If all required materials and fees are received, an updated wallet card will be mailed to the licensee.