All LGC licensees must be periodically renewed to maintain their active status. It is the licensee’s responsibility to ensure their license remains current.
Full licensees who have not renewed after one (1) year since the expiration of their license must re-apply for licensure as though they had never been licensed.
- Full Licensees: Expire two (2) years from end of first month of issue and every two years thereafter.
- Temporary Licensees: Expire thirty (30) days after failure of national certification exam.
Full License Holders
OSDH will send reminders to expiring licensees at their last known email address 45-60 days ahead of expiration. However, be aware that non-receipt of a renewal reminder does not stop expiration of a license or assessment of a late fee.
Regardless of whether a notification reminder is received, a licensee can renew by submitting the following:
- Completed Continuing Education Roster showing thirty (30) clock hours completed in the previous two-year cycle.
- Documentation of completed continuing education (certificates, meeting agendas, etc.)
- Fee: $200.00 by date of expiration; $225.00 up to one (1) year following expiration.
- Any change in licensee personal/contact information.
Temporary License Holders
If a temporary license holder does not pass the national certification exam on their first attempt, they may apply for one (1) additional temporary license for use while waiting for their second attempt. Those applying for this additional license must resubmit application, fee, and all supporting documents except their transcript and recommendations (see here for instructions). Temporary re-applicants must also submit documentation of supervision received under their previous temporary license.
Submit all required documents and fees one of the following ways:
If all required materials and fees are not received, the licensee will receive notification via email or postal mail from OSDH.
If all required materials and fees are received, an updated wallet card will be mailed to the licensee.