Acts and Regulations: Licensed Genetic Counselors (effective July 25, 2010)
To view the individual sections and subchapters of the LGC Act and Regulations use the links below.
Licensed Genetic Counselors Act:
- Section 1-561. Short Title
- Section 1-562. Definitions
- Section 1-563. License Required to Practice Genetic Counseling
- Section 1-564. Qualifications for License – Temporary License
- Section 1-565. Temporary Licenses
- Section 1-566. Lawful Practice of Genetic Counseling Without License
- Section 1-567. Continuing Education Requirements for Genetic Counselors
- Section 1-568. Counseling Concerning Abortion – Accreditation of Genetic Counseling Training Programs – Alternative Examination
- Section 1-569. Promulgation of Rules
- Section 1-570. Genetic Counseling Licensure Revolving Fund
Licensed Genetic Counselors Regulations
Q: Can a Licensed Genetic Counselor (hereafter "LGC") order a lab test?
A: While licensure requirements do not include a scope of practice, it is determined during the credentialing process. The LGC should check with their place of employment to see if they may order lab tests directly or have to work through another licensed medical professional.