Effective 5/14/2020: All occupational and professional licenses which would have expired in the period after 3/15/2020 have been extended and will remain valid without late fee or penalty until fourteen (14) days following the termination of the Governor of Oklahoma’s COVID-19 emergency executive order. More details here.
Guidance to assist food establishments reopening to the public after restrictions from the Governor’s Executive Order are lifted. Dine-in service may resume* (with restrictions) on May 1st.
Please check with your local municipality for rules related to reopening, as they may have additional requirements.
*Note: Bars are listed to reopen during Phase 2 (goal of May 15th) at reduced capacity with physical distancing measures. “Bars” are defined as standalone establishments that primarily serve alcohol (65% or more total sales derive from alcohol). This does not prevent restaurant bars from operating if they are following the restaurant guidance linked above.
This program includes a wide range of establishments; all sell food directly to the public. The goal of the licensing and inspection program under Chapter 257 is to reduce the incidence of food-borne illness and provide for a sanitary environment.
How do I . . .?
- Apply for a Plan Review Application
- Apply for an Initial License
- Apply for a Seasonal License
- Apply for a Temporary Event License
- Apply for a Variance
- Look up a Food Establishment Inspection
- Renew a License
- Report a Complaint
- Request an Inspection
- Start a Home Baking Business
- Transfer Ownership/License
Learn More About . . .
- Applications and Forms
- Charitable/Non-Profit License Requirements
- Emergency Response
- Farmers' Markets
- Fees (O.A.C. 310:250)
- Food Service Advisory Council
- Honey Sales
- Inspector Tools
- Menu Labelling (FDA) - Eff. 5/8/2018
- Monitoring & Risk Control Plans
- National FDA Food Code
- Oklahoma Food Code (O.A.C. 310:257) -- Eff. 9/11/2016
- Oklahoma Statute O.S. 63 § 1-1101 et seq.
- O.S. §63-1-1118 (Effective 11/1/2019)
- O.S. §63-1-1119 (Effective 11/1/2019)
- Pets in Food Establishments
- Seasonal Food Establishments
Location and Contact Information
Consumer Health Service
PO Box 268815
Oklahoma City, OK 73126
Oklahoma State Department of Health
Consumer Health Service
1000 N.E. 10th Street
Oklahoma City, OK 73117
Phone: (405) 271-5243
Fax: (405) 271-5286