Vaccines for Children in Child Care
Immunization of children in childcare centers and homes is one of the most important ways we can protect our children from vaccine-preventable diseases. This page offers resources for child care professionals and parents to understand, enforce, and comply with Oklahoma's child care vaccination requirements.
Learn about vaccines and diseases
- Certificate of Exemption Form for Oklahoma ODH Form # 216a
- 2020-2021 Guide to Immunization Requirements in Oklahoma
- Exemptions - Child care facilities should keep a small supply of exemption forms for parents who request the form. Call the Immunization Service at 1-800-234-6196 to order a supply of exemption forms.
Checking Vaccine Records
- Worksheet to Check for Vaccines Required to Attend Child Care in Oklahoma
- Handy chart to check immunization records from Mexico - Binational Immunization Resource Tool (Centers fro Disease Control and Prevention - CDC - web site)
- What Do All Those Letters Mean? - Explanation of vaccine abbreviations and brand names
- How to request a copy of vaccination record
- Child Care Warmline (Oklahoma State Department of Health web site) The Warmline offers free telephone consultation to child care providers on numerous topics of concern. Consultants can also refer providers to appropriate services and resources within their communities.
- Teach kids about the serious diseases vaccines prevent Meet the Immune Platoon. (CDC website)
National Infant Immunization Week Coloring sheets
For Parents: Vaccines for Your Children (CDC web site)
- Hepatitis B vaccine (en Español)
- Hepatitis A vaccine (en Español)
- DTaP (diphtheria, difteria, tetanus, tetano and acellular pertussis vaccine, tosferina)
- Hib (Haemophilus influenzae type B vaccine) (en Español)
- Polio vaccine, IPV (inactivated polio vaccine) (en Español)
- MMR (measles, mumps, and rubella vaccine) (sarampion, paperas, rubéola)
- Varicella (chickenpox) vaccine (en Español)
- PCV (pneumococcal conjugate vaccine) (en Español)
- RV (rotavirus vaccine) (en Español)