How to Report:
Reporting COVID Results to OSDH:
First, you will need to obtain an OID. Second, use that OID to let us know your preferred method of reporting.
The preferred method of reporting diseases or conditions to the OSDH is through the secure, web-based Public Health Investigation and Disease Detection of Oklahoma (PHIDDO) system. Healthcare providers interested in learning more information about the PHIDDO system or becoming a user may contact the Acute Disease Service.
The Acute Disease Service Epidemiologist-on-Call is available 24 hours/7 days a week at (405) 271-4060 for communicable disease consultations and reporting of diseases or outbreaks.
Additionally, diseases and conditions may be reported to the OSDH using one of the following reportable disease forms.
Reportable Disease Card for Healthcare Providers (Blue Card)
Reportable Disease Card for Laboratories (Yellow Card)
Electronic Laboratory Reporting (ELR)
Oklahoma has begun facilitating electronic transmission directly from large laboratories in the state due the benefits described below and in light of the current national climate. The objective of the Oklahoma Electronic Laboratory Reporting (ELR) project is to convert selected, major Oklahoma laboratories to provide positive lab results for reportable diseases/organisms to the OSDH via secure electronic transmission, replacing the conventional paper method of reporting and greatly enhancing the online/web based data entry process utilized by practitioners.
Advantages of ELR
- Meet public health reporting guidelines
- No duplicate data entry
- Lab technicians no longer have to enter data manually or complete forms by hand
- Centralization of reporting to one data repository vs. reporting specified diseases to designated program areas (Communicable Disease Div, Tuberculosis Div, HIV/STD Service, etc.)
- Increased data security
- Fast transformation of data
- Transmission consistency
- Increased timeliness of reporting
- Increased sensitivity of reporting system
- Increase in providing public health with pertinent data