The Oklahoma State Department of Health, through its system of local health services delivery, is ultimately responsible for protecting and improving public health with strategies that focus on preventing disease. Five major service branches - Community Health, Family Health Services, Prevention and Preparedness, Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion and Protective Health Services - provide technical support and guidance to 68 county health departments as well as guidance and consultation to the two independent city-county health departments in Oklahoma City and Tulsa.
Creating a State of Health
To protect and promote health, to prevent disease and injury, and to cultivate conditions by which Oklahomans can be healthy.
- Leadership - To provide vision and purpose in public health through knowledge, inspiration and dedication and serve as the leading authority on prevention, preparedness and health policy.
- Integrity - To steadfastly fulfill our obligations, maintain public trust, and exemplify excellence and ethical conduct in our work, services, processes, and operations.
- Community - To respect the importance, diversity, and contribution of individuals and community partners.
- Service - To demonstrate a commitment to public health through compassionate actions and stewardship of time, resources, and talents.
- Accountability - To competently improve the public's health on the basis of sound scientific evidence and responsible research.
Chief Financial Officer
OSDH Program Areas
- Maternal & Child Health Service
- Dental Health Service
- Family Support & Prevention Service
- Infant & Children's Health Advisory Council
- Screening & Special Services
- WIC Service
- Office of State Epidemiologist
- Acute Disease Service
- Emergency Preparedness & Response
- HIV/STD Prevention Service
- Immunization Services
- Injury Prevention Service
- Meaningful Use Submissions of Public Health Measures
- Public Health Laboratory
- Civil Monetary Penalty Fund Program
- Consumer Health Service
- Emergency Systems
- Health Resource Development Service
- City-County Detention
- Long Term Care Service
- Medical Facilities
- Quality Improvement and Evaluation Services
- Healthcare Associated Infections Prevention Program