Skip to main content

Wagoner County Health Department

Community Health

Communicable Disease Service

  • Part of our Communicable Disease service includes the confidential testing, care, and treatment of sexually transmitted disease and tuberculosis. STD testing services can be obtained by contacting our offices for an appointment.
  • In addition, our Communicable Disease service assists in recognizing and preventing communicable disease outbreaks such as food and water borne illness and childhood diseases.

Registered nurses and sanitarians are always available to investigate outbreaks as they occur. In most circumstances, these professionals work as a local team with consultation from state epidemiologists to address community problems.


Please call 918-485-3022 in Wagoner, or 918-486-2845 in Coweta to report your problem. Your call will be referred to a Sanitarian or Registered Nurse on call.


Consumer Protection Service 

Wagoner County Health Department consumer protection service is responsible for the licensing, monitoring, and inspection of eating and drinking establishments, hotels/motels, retail and wholesale food outlets, food manufacturers, and public pools/bathing facilities throughout our county.


Our consumer protection programs serve to provide the consuming public in our county with clean, safe, wholesome food.  This is achieved through on-site inspection of establishments as well as through training for all staff involved in food handling procedures.


Interested in opening and licensing a retail food establishment?  You'll need a plan review first.  Click here to download and print an application with instructions.


Additionally, services also include investigations of:

  • Health related complaints
  • Potential rabies exposure (animal bites)
  • Investigation of food-borne illnesses

Inspection reports for area establishments are available online through the following link: Oklahoma Food Service Inspections Database


For additional information and forms regarding retail food services, opening a restaurant, fees for licensure, and information about mold, click here to check out the state Consumer Protection Division site.


If you have a question, need to report an animal bite, or have a public health concern, please contact our environmental health specialist through our Coweta office at 486-2845. 


Complaint or plan review forms may be mailed to our Coweta Office at: 

Wagoner County Health Department
Consumer Protection Services
PO Box 962
Coweta, OK  74429


Environmental Health

Inspection of:

  • Food service establishments
  • Retail food
  • Hotels and motels
  • School cafeterias
  • Public bathing facilities
  • Child care facilities
  • Special Event/Temp. Food Establish.

Investigation of:

  • Health related complaints
  • Potential rabies exposure

Instruction of:

  • Food Handler Classes

Technical assistance in:

  • Body Piercing
  • Mold
  • Food Manufacturing
  • West Nile

Useful Links:

PHB seal
Back to Top