Purpose: to prevent disease and promote healthy lifestyles change through knowledge and behavior change.
Murray County Health Department provides health and wellness information to individuals schools, and communities to promote, maintain and improve health lifestyles. Information, training, presentations, and resources are available.
The following programs are provided through the Murray County Health Department's Health Education program:
- Physical Activity Education (CATCH Program)
- Nutritional education
- Puberty Education
- Sexually Transmitted Disease Prevention Education
- Teenage Pregnancy Prevention
- Alcohol, Tobacco, and Other Drugs (Tar Wars, Project Alert)
- CPR: Adult, Child & Infant training
- Participation in local wellness fairs
- Assistance with implementation of wellness programs
Interested in becoming a Certified Healthy business, school, campus, restaurant, or community visit Oklahoma Turning Point Council or talk to your local health educator for more information.
Learn more about MyPlate
Julie Selman, BS
Murray County Health Department
Sulphur, OK 73086