Health Educators promote and encourage healthy behaviors by informing and educating schools, businesses, and local communities about current important health issues.
School Based Health Education Programs Offered
- Car seat inspections/installations by certified child passenger safety technicians
- Community health presentations
- Community health assessments
- Community health improvement planning
- Community coalition support and technical assistance
Ready to Quit Tobacco?
Contact the Oklahoma Tobacco Helpline, at 1-800-QUIT-NOW (1-800-784-8669), or on-line at www.okhelpline.com.
Want to be involved?:
- CARE Community Coalition meetings are the 3rd Tuesday of every other month from 8:30-10:00 a.m. at the Mid America Technology Center, located at 27438 Oklahoma 59, Wayne, OK.
- Totally Fit McClain County meetings are the 4th Wednesday of every other month from 8:30-10:00 a.m. at the Purcell Public Library, located at 919 9th Street, Purcell, OK.
- Blanchard Community Coalition meetings are the 1st Thursday of each month from 12:00-1:00 p.m. at the McClain County Health Department, located at 600 N. Main Street, Blanchard, OK.
Dental clinics are provided through the Cleveland County Health Department for school-aged children and pregnant women who meet eligibility guidelines. Please call (405) 321-4048 for more information.
For more information about the Health Education program or local community health initiatives, please contact:
Sara King, MPH
Health Education Supervisor/ PIO
Cleveland and McClain County Health Departments