Skip to main content

Environmental Health

Food service inspections are just one of the many services provided by the Environmental Health Division. To access the database of restaurant inspections, click here.

More information is available regarding our rules and regulations, opening a new establishment, and public bathing facilities.  You may also be interested in some of our frequently asked questions.

Contact Information

McClain county is covered by several different inspectors, each housed at different county health departments. You can call the Norman office of the Cleveland County Health Department at (405) 321-4048, the Grady County Health Department at (405) 224-2022, or the Paul's Valley office of the Garvin County Health Department at (405) 238-7346.


The Environmental Health Division provides many services for the county, including:

Inspections of:

  • Eating and drinking establishments
  • Retail food (e.g. grocery stores)
  • Hotels, motels, bed and breakfasts
  • Food service in schools, day cares, and institutions
  • Camps
  • Public bathing facilities (e.g. spas and swimming pools)

Performing investigations and consultations on:

  • Health related complaints
  • Possible foodborne disease
  • Potential rabies exposure

Providing technical services:

  • Extensive plan review of food establishments before construction
Special Announcements
ATTENTION: The Purcell office will be closed on Friday, September 27th from 11:30am until 5pm for mandatory training.
Interesting Facts

Help prevent foodborne illness before the food gets to your home! Check out:Start at the Store: 7 Ways to Prevent Foodborne Illness, a guide by the FDA, for more information.
Related Topics

PHB seal
Back to Top