Children First Program
Those enrolled in the Children First Program receive the following services at no cost for eligible clients:
- Brief nursing health assessments
- Child growth and development evaluations
- Nutrition education
- Parenting and relationship information
- Links to other services such as child care, education and job training
- Visits begin before the 29th week of pregnancy and continue until the child's second birthday. The visit schedule can be tailored to meet the needs of the mother.
These services are not intended to replace services provided by health care providers or family doctors. Nurses work collaboratively with other providers to help meet the needs of mother and child.
Who can enroll in the Children First Program?
- Women less than 29 weeks pregnant
- Families expecting their first child
- Families who meet income eligibility criteria
- First-time pregnant women currently enrolled in WIC or Sooner Care (Oklahoma Medicaid) who meet eligibility criteria.
How to Enroll
Services are provided through the Cleveland County Health Department. For more information, see the Children First page, or call (405) 321-4048.