Children First Program
Those enrolled in the Children First Program receive the following services at no cost for eligible clients:
- Brief nursing health assessments
- Child growth and development evaluations
- Nutrition education
- Parenting and relationship information
- Links to other services such as child care, education and job training
- Visits begin before the 29th week of pregnancy and continue until the child's second birthday. The visit schedule can be tailored to meet the needs of the mother.
These services are not intended to replace services provided by health care providers or family doctors. Nurses work collaboratively with other providers to help meet the needs of mother and child.
Who can enroll in the Children First Program?
- Women less than 29 weeks pregnant
- Families expecting their first child
- Families who meet income eligibility criteria
- First-time pregnant women currently enrolled in WIC or Sooner Care (Oklahoma Medicaid) who meet eligibility criteria
How to Enroll
Contact the Cleveland County Health Department Norman office at:
250 12th Ave. NE
Norman, OK 73071
You can also Complete this Referral Form and e-mail to TracieN@health.ok.gov or fax to the number listed. For additional information please check out the Children First Brochure.