Public Health “On the Go”
LAWTON, Okla - The Oklahoma State Department of Health’s mobile wellness unit for District 5 will be serving parts of southwest Oklahoma throughout March.
The “Public Health on the Go” mobile wellness unit is part of a statewide fleet that was mobilized in 2021 to help reach communities that are often underserved with vital services.
The mobile unit offers adult and child exams, immunizations, general sick visits for mild illnesses, child wellness checks, COVID-19 testing and vaccinations as well as physicals, flu testing and vaccinations and blood pressure screenings.
District 5 covers ten counties including Beckham, Caddo, Comanche, Cotton, Greer, Harmon, Jackson, Kiowa, Tillman and Washita Counties.
These are the locations the wellness unit will visit in March:
- Comanche County - March 3 - 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., Hungry Hearts of Lawton, 605 SW 11th St., Lawton
- Beckham County - March 8 - 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., St. Matthew Catholic Church, 3001 E. Hwy 66, Elk City
- Jackson County - March 9 - 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Southwest Oklahoma Community Action Group, 900 S. Carver Rd., Altus
- Comanche County - March 10 - 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., New Life Food Pantry, 411 B Ave., Cache
- Greer County - March 15 - 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., First Baptist Church, 228 N. Oklahoma Ave., Mangum
- Kiowa County - March 16 - 12 p.m. to 3 p.m., Senior Citizen Building on Main Street, Lone Wolf
- Tillman County - March 17 - 1 to 6 p.m., Tillman County Food Bank, Frederick
- Kiowa County - March 23 - 8 a.m. to 2 p.m., Hobart Alliance Food Pantry, 1020 W. Iris Ave., Hobart
- Caddo County - March 24 - 8 a.m. to 2 p.m., Apache Ministerial Alliance Methodist Church, 122 S. Forrest St., Apache
- Comanche County - March 30 - 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Lawton Food Bank, 1819 SW Sheridan Rd., Lawton
You can find out more information about the mobile wellness unit online: Oklahoma.gov/health/mobilewellness.