Blaine County Health Department
Guidance (Services are offered at Custer County Health Department in Clinton)
The Guidance Clinic offers preventive, diagnostic, and treatment services for children with developmental, psychological, speech, language, and hearing problems. These services are for situational problems that can be resolved on a short-term outpatient treatment basis.
National web information sites:
National Institute of Mental Health http://www.nimh.nih.gov/
NIMH- Mental Health Topics http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/topics/
Helping Children and Adolescents Cope with Violence and Disasters http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/publications/
OSDH Child Guidance Child Guidance
The following services are provided for children 12 years of age and younger and for the adults who are responsible for their development:
- Primary prevention which includes parent education, workshops, and parent/child enrichment programs
- Educational and consultative services - cooperative effort with schools, Head Start, DHS, and other state agencies to enhance child development
- Clinical services for children and their families which includes intake interviews and standardized testing
- Group, individual, and family treatment for the following:
- Situational, emotional, and behavioral problems
- Family communication and problem solving techniques
- Disciplinary alternatives
- Provide public presentations for the following topics:
- Bullying and violence prevention
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) - clinical signs, symptoms, and treatment interventions
- Cultural Diversity
- Parent Education and Disciplinary Alternatives
The focus is for those children 12 and younger and their responsible guardian or parents. Please call for exceptions.
Medicaid is accepted. A sliding scale fee is charged based on a person's household income. Some insurance plans are accepted.
Monday through Friday
8:00 to 5:00
How to Make an Appointment
Parent or guardian may come in to pick up applications or call for applications to be mailed. Once applications are filled out and returned the clinician will call to arrange an appointment. Telephone number is (580) 623-7977.
Currently services are provided by a psychological clinician and a speech-language pathologist/audiologist.
For more information, please call (580) 623-7977 at Blaine County or (580) 323-2100 at Clinton County.