Skip to main content


Women, Infants, Children Supplemental Nutrition Program

Families and WIC Working Together for Healthy Children

What is WIC?

WIC is a federally funded program administered by the Oklahoma State Department of Health that provides nutrition education and supplemental food for those who qualify.

What does WIC Provide?

  • Nutrition and breastfeeding education and counseling
  • Nutritious foods to add to your diet
  • WIC foods include: milk, formula, juice, cheese, cereal, beans and eggs (You may also be able to get tuna, peanut butter, fresh fruits and vegetables)
  • Breast pumps for mothers who qualify
  • Referrals to health and social services

What do I do to qualify for WIC Services?

  • Live in the state of Oklahoma
  • Have a family income within the program limits WIC eligibility guidelines
  • You may be eligible for WIC if you are eligible for Medicaid or Food Stamps

Who may apply for WIC?

  • Women who are pregnant, breastfeeding or have recently given birth
  • Infants
  • Children up to age 5

What do I need to bring with me to my appointment?

Breastfeeding is best!

Breast milk is the best food for babies.  Breastfeeding give babies the best start in life.  The WIC program encourages women to breastfeed.

Breastfeeding mothers receive additional foods.  If you are breastfeeding only, you will receive canned tuna, fresh or frozen vegetables and peanut butter, in addition to your other WIC foods.

Breastfeeding also builds a special closeness between you and your baby that will last a lifetime.

For Additional information on breastfeeding you may call the Oklahoma Breastfeeding Hotline: (877) 271-MILK (6455). The hotline is a 24 hour toll-free breastfeeding support line for nursing mothers, their families, partners, prospective parents and health professionals.  All calls are returned by an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC).

For more information visit: WIC Works or contact the Adair County Health Department.

To schedule a WIC appointment please call (918) 696-7292.


Back to Top