National Nutrition Month
March is National Nutrition Month!
National Nutrition Month® is an annual nutrition education and information campaign created by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. The campaign, celebrated each year during the month of March, focuses attention on the importance of making informed food choices and developing sound eating and physical activity habits.
If you are unable to view the video above, click on the following link: https://youtu.be/m7boRWozP0Y
National Nutrition Month: Healthy Tips and Resources
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND)
- 2015 - 2020 Dietary Guidelines for Americans
- Youth Risk Behavior Survey-Nutrition 2019 (Infographic)
- Fuel Up to Play 60 - Education Resources
- USDA Team Nutrition Resource Library
- CDC's Bam! Body and Mind, Food & Nutrition
- NIH's we can! Ways to Enhance Children's Activity & Nutrition
- Oklahoma Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (OkAND)
- Shape Your Future - Resources for Making the Healthy Choice the Easy Choice
Oklahoma Breastfeeding Resources
- Becoming Baby-Friendly In Oklahoma Project
Improving maternity care in OK Hospitals Breastfeeding Information and Support (Part of OK’s Preparing for a Lifetime Initiative to Reduce Infant Mortality)
Oklahoma Breastfeeding Hotline - 1-877-271-MILK (6455)
- New Texting Option!
- Linea de Oklahoma Lactancia Materna
- 24 Hour Toll-Free Breastfeeding Support Line for nursing mothers, their families, partners, expecting parents, and health care providers.
- All calls returned by an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC).
- Happy IBCLC Day – March 4
Becoming Baby-Friendly In Oklahoma Project
Improving maternity care in OK HospitalsBreastfeeding Information and Support
Part of OK’s Preparing for a Lifetime Initiative to Reduce Infant Mortality
- Coalition of Oklahoma Breastfeeding Advocates (COBA)
- Oklahoma Breastfeeding Resource Center (OBRC)
- Oklahoma Mothers' Milk Bank
This year's site developed by the following Oklahoma State Department of Health service divisions: