Breastfeeding promotion is an integral part of the WIC program.
Our goal is to promote and support breastfeeding statewide.
- Mothers who breastfeed may be eligible to receive WIC benefits longer than non-breastfeeding mothers.
- Mothers who exclusively breastfeed their infants will receive an enhanced food package.
- Mothers who breastfeed may be eligible to receive breast pumps to help support their breastfeeding.
- Mothers who breastfeed may receive follow-up support through International Board Certified Lactation Consultants (IBCLCs) or breastfeeding peer counselors where available.
Family Health Breastfeeding (Oklahoma State Department of Health)
Oklahoma Breastfeeding Hotline: 1-877-271-MILK (6455)
24 Hour Toll-Free Breastfeeding Support Line for nursing mothers, their families, partners, prospective parents, and health professionals. All calls returned by an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC).
- WIC Breastfeeding Support
- Preparing for a Lifetime. It's Everyone's Responsibility - Learn what you can do to help ensure the health and safety of Oklahoma's babies.
- Text4baby - Get FREE messages on your cell phone throughout your pregnancy and your baby's first year.
- International Lactation Consultant Association
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.