WIC provides nutritious foods to supplement the diets of women, infants, and children. WIC foods are specifically chosen to provide the nutrients you and your children need (WIC Approved Foods.)
WIC gives information about healthy eating and promotes active lifestyles! WIC offers nutrition education in three formats.
- Online nutrition education
- Interactive nutrition and fitness group classes
- Private consultations with Registered/Licensed Dietitians (RD/LD). RD/LDs are nutrition experts available through the WIC Program and are your most reliable source of nutrition information.
As a WIC participant, you will also receive information about additional programs that can contribute to you and your family’s overall health.
Documented Benefits of WIC
- Pregnant women who participate in WIC receive prenatal care earlier.
- Children who participate in WIC are more likely to have a regular source of medical care and are less likely to be anemic.
- Each WIC participant receives at least one referral to a healthcare or social service program.
- Moms who participate in WIC are more likely to choose breastfeeding.
- WIC increases the duration of pregnancy and positively impacts babies’ weights prenatally.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.