Tips for Success
- WHO Guidance on Breastfeeding and COVID-19 - FAQs
- COVID-19 Breastfeeding Resource - Oklahoma and National
- Oklahoma Breastfeeding Hotline - New Texting Option!
- Oklahoma Breastfeeding Hotline
Linea de Oklahoma Lactancia Materna
24 Hour Toll-Free Breastfeeding Support Line for nursing mothers, their families, partners, expecting parents, and health care providers.
All calls returned by an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC). 1-877-271-MILK (6455)
- Tips for Breastfeeding Moms/Daily Food Checklist - USDA/ChooseMyPlate.gov
- Tips for Breastfeeding Moms/Daily Meal Plan - USDA/Food & Nutrition Service (FNS) Eng. & Span.
- The Hospital Experience - WIC's Breastfeeding Booklet - Eng. Span. (4.99MB pdf)
- Nursing Your Newborn - Tri-fold - Preparing for a Lifetime
- Breastfeeding Tips for Mom - Getting Started - PRAMS
- Breastfeeding Boosters: Tips to Help You Keep Going - PRAMS
- Breastfeeding & Returning to Work Eng. Span. - WIC Rev. 4-2017 (244 kb pdf)
- your guide to BREASTFEEDING - Office on Women's Health (OWH)
Easy to read booklet with how-to breastfeeding info. & support (55 pgs)
- Skin to Skin Flyer - OK Breastfeeding Resource Center (OBRC) Eng. & Span.
- Babies First Milk: COLOSTRUM - WIC Eng. Span.
- Understanding Your Baby's Cues - WIC Eng. Span.
- Baby Feeding Cues (signs) - OBRC Eng. & Span.
- How to tell if Baby is Getting Enough Milk - OBRC Eng. Span.
- Babies Cry - What to Know About Crying - WIC Eng. Span.
- Breastfeeding Works! Brochure
Guidelines for Becoming a Recognized Breastfeeding Friendly Worksite
Fact Sheets & Infographics - Office on Women's Health (OWH)
- Storage & Preparation of Breast Milk
- How to Keep Your Breast Pump Kit Clean Eng. Span.
- Breastfeeding & Early Care & Education
- CDC's Work to Support/Promote Breastfeeding in Hospitals, Worksites & Communities
- Breastfeeding Reduces the Risk of SIDS - National Institutes of Health (NIH)/National Institute of Child Health & Human Development (NICHD)
- It's Only Natural - Breastfeeding Campaign for African American Women & Families Office on Women's Health (OWH)
- Breastfeeding - OWH
- Breastfeeding - Strategies to Support Breastfeeding Mothers & Babies - CDC
- Coalition of Oklahoma Breastfeeding Advocates (COBA)
- Infant and Toddler Nutrition (Breastfeeding & More) - CDC
- Breast Pumps - FDA
- Breast Pump Benefits in the Affordable Care Act - HealthCare.gov
- Oklahoma Breastfeeding Resource Center (OBRC)
- Safe to Sleep® Campaign Materials - Printable & Shareable Resources - NIH/NICHD
- 2015 Good Health Handbook for Child Care Programs - OSDH MCH
(for breastfeeding information, see Chapter 2 : Nutrition for Young Children)
Dietary Supplements - USDA/ChooseMyPlate.gov
- Health & Nutrition - Pregnant & Breastfeeding Moms - USDA/ChooseMyPlate.gov
- Nutrition Needs While Breastfeeding - USDA/ChooseMyPlate.gov
- Food Safety While Breastfeeding - USDA/ChooseMyPlate.gov
- Rocket Scientist - Breastfeeding Makes Babies Smarter - WIC
- Slim Faster - Breastfeeding Burns Calories - WIC Eng. Span.
Public Service Announcements
- Breastfeed Your Baby to Reduce the Risk of SIDS (1.20) NIH/NICHD 2019
- Know the Benefits of Breastfeeding Telemundo Video - (1:31) Span. OK Telemundo News 2018
- Breastfeeding and the Workplace Support - (31 seconds) Eng. Span. WIC 2006
- Claremore Indian Hospital - Oklahoma's First Baby-Friendly Hospital Video - (5:18) OK News KFOR 2013
- Support the Breastfeeding, Working Mother - (30 seconds) WIC 2006