Wagoner County Health Department
Jamie Weatherman, MPH, MSHCA
28596 E. 141st Street South
Coweta, OK 74429
Work Cell 918-550-9018
A variety of community health education and prevention programs are offered, many in conjunction with other community partners and coalitions. Several of these programs are a result of special funding grants. Other programs are available to the community through a variety of organizations with whom we partner. Contact our health department for more information on the variety of health education information and programs we have available.
Promote and encourage healthy behavior by informing, educating, assisting and empowering people about current important health issues and the assistance available from the health department.
- Health Promotion/Health education.
- Risk reduction/prevention
- School Health
- Community health/wellness
Information and presentations available for:
- Diabetes Education
- Physical Activity/Fitness
- Nutrition Education
- Tobacco Education
- Stress Management
- Mental Health
- Child Health
- STD/HIV prevention education for youth and adults
- Communicable disease education
- Health Fairs
- Understanding Health Department services
*If what you are looking for is not on this list, please contact, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Additional Health Education/Promotion:
- Assist in developing wellness programs for community, schools, agencies, and businesses
- Serve on advisory boards, school and community committees
- Health education resource
- Media health promotion
- Certified Healthy Programs - Certified Healthy Business, School, Restaurant, Community, Congregation, Early Childhood Center, and Campus Promotion
- Community Health Assessments - help create, monitor, and update community health improvement plans
Frequently Asked Questions
A: Health education services and programs are provided at NO CHARGE.