Welcome to Pittsburg County Health Department!
The Pittsburg County Health Department is committed to protecting and promoting health, preventing diseases and injury and improving the quality of life of residents in our community. We fulfill our commitment through assessment, education and planned interventions ensuring we respond to the changing health needs of our community. We do this by monitoring the health of our community, identifying and responding to public health crisis, providing timely and accurate information, enforcing laws that protect health and providing quality services to prevent and control disease.
The Pittsburg County Health Department looks forward to serving you
What we do
At Pittsburg County Health Department we offer numerous programs and services
- WIC (Women, Infants & Children Supplemental Nutrition Program)
- Adult and Childhood Immunizations and Tuberculosis testing
- Environmental Health (inspections, restaurant complaints, water contamination, food handling)
- Family Planning and Women services (birth control, pregnancy testing, pap smear)
- STD testing
- Health Education
- SoonerStart/Early Intervention
- Child Guidance
- Communicable Disease/Tuberculosis identification,investigation, prevention, and control
- ParentPro Family Support
- Turning Point
- Oklahoma Vital Records- McAlester Satellite Office (click here for more information)
Physical Address: 1400 East College Avenue McAlester, OK, 74501
Phone: (918) 423-1267
Fax: (918) 423-2948
Like us on facebook: Pittsburg County Health
Hours of Operation:
Services are offered Monday to Friday 8.00am to 5.00pm.
Oklahoma Vital Records- McAlester Satellite Office services are offered Monday to Friday 8.00am to 4.00pm
We are closed weekends and holidays
Pittsburg County Health department is an equal opportunity employer
Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) has received confirmation that 12 Oklahoma residents have acquired Zika during international travel to countries experiencing local transmission of the virus. One of the 12 individuals is a pregnant woman.
Q: How do I get a copy of my immunization record
A: Come into the health department, along with your ID and ask at the front desk
Q: What are your walk-in clinic hours
A: Our walk-in clinic services are offered Monday to Friday from 8am to 5pm. We are closed weekends and holidays