The Child Guidance program promotes optimal development, healthy behavior, and effective interactions in families with children. The Child Guidance Clinic in Payne County offers educational, diagnostic, and treatment services related to development, behavior, speech, language, and hearing for children.
- Consultation with childcare providers, schools, physicians, other service providers, and community groups interested in enhancing the well being of children and families in Payne County
- Presentations for professionals and the general public on topics including parenting, healthy child development, behavior management and discipline, coping with divorce, and effective parent-child communication
- Hearing screenings, speech screenings, and speech therapy for children
- Psychological evaluations to identify attention or emotional problems, as well as behavioral treatments for individual children and their families
- Parent education/consultation on child development, discipline, play and learning activities, and family relationships
- Developmental assessments for children birth to five years
Any family or group can seek information and referral services through the Child Guidance Clinic. Individual screening, evaluation, and therapy services are available to families with children age 12 years and under.
The staff of the Child Guidance Clinic includes a licensed Psychologist, licensed Speech/Language Pathologist, and certified Child Development Specialist.
No one is refused services based on inability to pay.
For those without insurance, a sliding scale, based on number in household and income, is used to determine fees.
SoonerCare is accepted.
For those with insurance, we provide third party billing. Based on your insurance plan, you may be responsible for deductibles, co-pays, and co-insurances for fees not covered by your insurance company.
Child Guidance services are provided by appointment, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday .
For more information and/or appointments, please call:
- The Stillwater Payne County Health Department - (405) 372-8200