Goal: Promote and encourage healthy behavior by informing, educating, assisting and empowering people about current important health issues and the assistance available from the health department.
Focus: Health Promotion/Health education. Community Health and Wellness. Behavior change, risk reduction and prevention for schools and businesses.
Health education services are provided at NO CHARGE.
- Topics - Information and presentations available
- Physical Activity/Fitness
- Nutrition Education
- Tobacco Education
- Stress Management
- Child Health
- STD/HIV prevention education for youth and adults
- Communicable disease education
- Health Fairs
- Understanding Health Department services
- Additional Health Education/Promotion:
- Assist in developing wellness programs for community, schools, agencies, and businesses
- Serve on advisory boards, school and community committees
- Health education resource
- Media health promotion
- Certified Healthy Programs - Certified Healthy Business, School, Restaurant, Community, Congregation, Early Childhood Center, and Campus Promotion
- Community Health Assessments - help create, monitor, and update community health improvement plans
- Other health related participation
Osage County Health Department
1115 E. 15th Street
Pawhuska, OK 74056