The mission of your county health department is to protect and promote health of the citizens of the county, to prevent disease and injury and to assure the conditions by which our citizens can be healthy.
The Johnston County Health Inspector's duty is to license, monitor and inspect our local establishments. The health inspector also does an extensive plan review of food establishments before construction. Some of his duties consist of the following:
- Eating and drinking establishments
- Retail food (grocery stores)
- Hotels, motels, bed and breakfasts
- Food service in schools, day cares, and institutions
- Barber Shops
- Public bathing facilities (spas and swimming pools)
Investigations and Consultations
- Health related complaints
- Possible food borne disease
- Potential rabies exposure
For more information:
1080 S. Byrd
Tishomingo, OK 73460
Confidentiality is very important.
The Johnston County Health Department will not release any health information without our client's knowledge unless we are required to by law.
This institution is prohibited from discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.