Our Children First nurses give personal, one-on-one care to you and your baby during your first pregnancy and the first 2 years of your child's life.
Children First helps new parents with:
- child development
- bonding between parent and child
- mother's ability to reach personal goals
- use of community resources
- personal and environmental health
- adult living skills
- parenting skills
- nutrition education
- health and safety information
Who is eligible?
- pregnant women less than 28 weeks pregnant
- families expecting their first child, and
- families with little financial or social support.
Children First consists of:
- weekly visits during the first month
- every other week visits until delivery
- weekly visits during the first 6 weeks after delivery
- monthly visits until the child turns 2 years of age
Text 4 Baby
Confidentiality is very important.
The Johnston County Health Department will not release any health information without our client's knowledge unless we are required to by law.
This institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.