Food Handler Class
- The cost is $10
- The card is good for 3 years
- Reprints are free
The cities of Norman and Moore require food handler cards for anyone handling food.
Class Start Times:
Registration beings 30 minutes prior to the start of each class!
Norman (English): Tuesday at 9AM and Thursday at 3:30PM
Norman (English): 2nd Tuesday of the month at 6PM
Norman (Spanish): 1st Wednesday of the month at 9AM, and 3rd Wednesday of the month at 3:30PM
Norman (Español): Primer miércoles del mes a las 9:00AM y tercer miércoles del mes a las 3:30PM
Moore (English): Wednesday at 3:30PM
Class Requirements (Requisitos para la clase)
- Photo ID required for registration (Identificación con foto requerida para el registro)
- Classes start promptly on time with no exceptions (Inicio de clases puntualmente, sin excepciones)
- No one will be admitted after the class has started (Nadie será admitido después de haber comenzado la clase)
- There is a $5 fee for the class and food handler card (Hay un cargo de $5 por la tarjeta de clase de comida)
- Duplicate cards will only be issued Monday -Friday 8AM to 4PM. (Duplicado de tarjeta se emitirá de lunes a viernes 8:00AM a 4:00PM.)
Registration is on a first come, first served basis. Classes must stop accepting applicants when the fire code limit for the room is reached.
Class consists of a PowerPoint presentation, discussion, and written test. A passing grade of 76% is required in order to receive the card. Successful applicants will receive their card at the end of testing.
City Ordinances Requiring Food Handler Cards
Sec.13-807. Food handling: Work permits required
No person shall work, or permit any other person to work in a bakery, cafe, meat market, restaurant, or other place where food is handled or served, whether for compensation or not, unless that person possesses a current and unrevoked permit from the health officer. (Ord. No 0-7475-8)
SECTION 8-604 FOOD HANDLER'S PERMITS
A. It is unlawful for any person who operates a food service establishment or any place selling open and prepared foods in the city to hire, or permit to be hired, or permit to work gratis, any person who does not possess a current and unrevoked permit approved by the health officer.
B. It is unlawful for any person to work in any food service establishment or any place selling open and prepared foods in the city who does not have in his or her possession a current and unrevoked permit approved by the county.